On October 27 Kalakoda Boxing Promotions and Kwesé Friday Fight Nights host another bumper event in Accra, the spiritual home of African boxing.
The event will be staged at Africa’s only purpose build boxing facility the Bukom Boxing Arena, the 3500 seater venue will provide the backdrop to 7 bouts with 2 WABU West Africa titles featuring some top talent from across West Africa.
The event will open with an Afro Beat concert with local artists performing, confirmed musicians will be M3DAL, La Memme Gang, Joey B, DJ Vyrusky and Kalakoda’s resident DJ Switch. Fans are urged to get to the event from as early as 3pm so as to enjoy the additional entertainment on offer. In addition DJ Switch will do battle with DJ Vyruskly in between the rounds to keep the crowd entertained and engaged.
“Ghana and West Africa is a new territory for us and we are excited about the many possibilities and opportunities that exist. The local fans are very knowledgeable and passionate about the sport, and to stage an event in Bukom where greats like Azumah Nelson call home is an honor” Jeremy Bean – Kalakoda Promotions Marketing Director
The fight bill is topped by an all Ghana affair, promising local Cruiserweight Abraham Tabul takes on Stephen Abbey for the vacant WABU Title, both these fighters can bang and a puncher’s shootout is expected. The co-main event see Sie Palenfo from the Ivory Coast take on Samuel Turkson from Ghana for the vacant WABU Welterweight Title.
“I don’t know much about my opponent from Ivory Coast, but I am very fit and ready to go, the title is staying in Accra” – Samuel Turkson
The remainder of the bill is made up of fighters from Cameroon and Ghana giving the event a true West African flavor and showcasing some great up and coming boxers. With a monthly frequency of events and a brand that is taking a well-packaged boxing product to host cities across the continent, the Kalakoda Promotions and Kwesé Sport partnership has really breathed new life into African Boxing.
The event will go out live across the continent on Kwesé Free Sport, KS 1, Soweto TV and The Kwesé Mobile App.
The Friday Fight Nights events and Kalakoda Promotion’s positioning sees a fusion of world-class boxing, music and popular culture, a knock out combination where the fans can’t lose.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Be more serious!' - Suarez urges team-mate Dembele to focus
- AWCON 2018: Ghana coach Bashir Hayford sure of victory over Mali
- 2018 Coca-Cola Clubs Minigolf League: Nutterz Putterz set the pace
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations