Asante Kotoko Executive Board Chairman Dr Kwame Kyei on Wednesday cut the sod for the construction of a mini stadium at their Adako Jachie training facility.
The businessman wants to build a 20,000 capacity stadium, which is on the outskirts of Kumasi.
Dr. Kyei is determined to give the training hub of the club a face-lift to serve as a legacy project.
— Asante Kotoko SC (@AsanteKotoko_SC) September 20, 2017
The Adako Jachie project, which was started by former Executive Chairman Dr KK Sarpong is supposed to have a two-storey building to serve as changing rooms and offices for the technical staff.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year
- Barca held by Eibar despite Messi double
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeat
- Deontay Wilder knocks out Dominic Breazeale in first round to defend title
- Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany to leave after 11 years
- Manchester City win FA Cup to secure historic domestic football treble
- AFCON 2019: Why Asamoah Gyan must be sacrificed for the future
- Robben, Ribery strike in perfect farewell as Bayern seal Bundesliga title in style
- 'Bribed' referees who handled Ashgold-Kotoko clash banned temporarily
- Guardiola relaxed over UEFA probe into Manchester City
- Allegri to leave Juventus this summer
- ANALYSIS: Only these players from Ghana's 2017 AFCON team should go to Egypt. [Infographic]
- Wafu Women's Cup: Ghana fail to reach final after Nigeria defeat
- Asantehene calls for golf support