Asante Kotoko Executive Board Chairman Dr Kwame Kyei on Wednesday cut the sod for the construction of a mini stadium at their Adako Jachie training facility.
The businessman wants to build a 20,000 capacity stadium, which is on the outskirts of Kumasi.
Dr. Kyei is determined to give the training hub of the club a face-lift to serve as a legacy project.
The Adako Jachie project, which was started by former Executive Chairman Dr KK Sarpong is supposed to have a two-storey building to serve as changing rooms and offices for the technical staff.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo will not face charges over alleged rape
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned