The Black Stars will miss the services of their captain, Asamoah Gyan and deputy, Andre Ayew for World Cup qualifier against Congo in Brazzaville on Tuesday, according a member of the medical team.
They were not part of the team’s training on Sunday morning. Ayew sat on the bench while his teammates went through their paces, but Gyan was not present.
The two experienced players did not last full duration of last Friday’s disappointing stalemate at the Baba Yara stadium with Gyan replaced in the 62nd minute by Thomas Agyepong, while Ayew was substituted six minutes later.
The turkey-based striker reportedly sustained a groin injury while West Ham forward also reportedly injured his thigh.
Their absence add to coach Kwesi Appiah’s injury woes which ruled out experienced center-back John Boye.
The Black Stars need victory in Congo to have a mathematical chance of bouncing back in the World Cup qualification, especially should Uganda hold Egypt in Alexandria in the other Group E match.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship