The president has suspended from office the Deputy Minister for Youth and Sports, Pius Enam Hadzide as well as the Acting Director General of the National Sports Authority Robert Sarfo Mensah.
The suspension which takes immediate effect is in reaction to the visa scandal which has rocked the country in the wake of the Commonwealth games currently underway in Australia.
A statement from the presidency Thursday, and signed by the Director of Communications at the presidency Eugene Arhin says the decision was taken after preliminary investigations into how some 60 persons were arrested for attempting to enter Australia under false pretences in the ongoing 21st Commonwealth games.
The statement further states that Board Chair of the NSA, Kwadwo Baah Agyemang and the Chef-de Maison for the Commonwealth, Mr Mohammed Sahnoon have also been recalled from the games village to assist in investigations.
At least 50 persons who claimed to be journalists and were in Australia to cover the Commonwealth games were arrested and repatriated for bearing false identities.
It is not yet clear how the suspects obtained visas to travel out of the country.
Reports suggest some officials from the National Sports Authority as well as the ministry facilitated the fraudulent visa acquisitions for the 60 persons.
The incident embarrassed the country with the Australian authorities said to be tightening travel arrangements for otherwise genuine Ghanaians who may be travelling to Australia for business and or pleasure.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- ANALYSIS: Is it time for Kwesi Appiah's Black Stars to ditch playing 4-4-2?
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out
- Tanzania seal Afcon return after 39 years
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months