Under-fire Hearts of Oak coach Henry Wellington will not be on the bench when the Phobians take on Karela United in the Ghana Premier League week 8 clash this Wednesday.
This is because the former Kotoko trainer has suddenly taken ill. According to reports, Wellington complained about being unwell after his side’s shock 2-1 defeat to Elmina Sharks on Saturday. He has, however, started receiving treatment and is expected to be out for a few days.
In his absence, assistant coach Edward Odoom will take charge of the team and will be in the dugout against the newly promoted side.
Willington has been under massive pressure from Hearts of Oak fans to step down after their bumpy start to the season. They have won three, lost three and drawn once in seven games.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs