Under-fire Hearts of Oak coach Henry Wellington will not be on the bench when the Phobians take on Karela United in the Ghana Premier League week 8 clash this Wednesday.
This is because the former Kotoko trainer has suddenly taken ill. According to reports, Wellington complained about being unwell after his side’s shock 2-1 defeat to Elmina Sharks on Saturday. He has, however, started receiving treatment and is expected to be out for a few days.
In his absence, assistant coach Edward Odoom will take charge of the team and will be in the dugout against the newly promoted side.
Willington has been under massive pressure from Hearts of Oak fans to step down after their bumpy start to the season. They have won three, lost three and drawn once in seven games.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't