The Miners boss believes he is ready to lead the Black Stars whenever he is handed the opportunity
AshantiGold coach C.K Akonnor has revealed his readiness to lead Ghana's senior national team in the future.
The former Black Stars captain guided the Miners to avoid relegation last season.
He was adjudged as the premier league's coach of the Month of March, with his side currently leading the log with 13 points.
“When it is my turn to lead Ghana, no one can stop it. I'm ready for that opportunity when there is a vacancy," Akonnor told Ghanaweb.
"If I have to coach the U-17 and U-20 to get there, it is all in the hands of God. Human beings will try to put you down and try to retard your progress but once God says it is your time nothing will stop it.
“I am only believing in God and not humans. People talk about how capable I am to coach the national team but I am not flattered by what they say. I only respond positively and show signs that I am not flattered at all,” he added.
Kwesi Appiah is the current coach of Ghana after signing a two-year deal in 2017.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs