Manchester United captain Paul Pogba scored the opening goal as the Red Devils beat Leicester in the first game of the Premier League season.
United had a frustrating summer, unable to sign any centre-backs and with Jose Mourinho looking increasingly irritated, but that did not hinder them too much at Old Trafford as they made a flying start on Friday night.
They won a penalty in the second minute when Daniel Amartey handled Alexis Sanchez's deflected shot.
France midfielder Pogba stepped up and after a slow run-up placed the ball in the top-right corner above Kasper Schmeichel. The World Cup winner had not even expected to start, having only returned to training on Monday.
Left-back Luke Shaw then scored the first senior goal of his career after controlling Juan Mata's aerial pass to seal the victory.
Substitute Jamie Vardy scored a late consolation after Ricardo Perreira's cross had hit a post, and Foxes goalkeeper Schmeichel came forward for an injury-time corner but his header went wide.
The Foxes had edged the first half following their early setback with debutants James Maddison and Ricardo both forcing saves from David de Gea.
The second period was a slightly tamer affair before the late goals, although substitute Romelu Lukaku was denied a goal by a good Schmeichel save.
It was the third season in a row Leicester have conceded the opening goal of the season - having lost to Hull and Arsenal in the first games of the previous two campaigns.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham