The Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA), has a new office at the Bukom Boxing Arena.
The office would serve the administrative needs of the body that controls boxing in Ghana.
At a colourful opening graced by boxing stalwarts such as Ghana's first boxing champion D. K Poison, Former GBA Bosses, Samir Captan and Moses Foh-Amoaning.
The office was handed over to the GBA by the management of the facility after the local boxing controlling body had operated at the Accra Sports Stadium since its establishment.
Mr. Peter Zwennes, President of GBA, expressed appreciation to the facility managers for providing them with a secretariat, where they can run their businesses effectively.
“The management of Trust Sports Emporium graciously offered to donate the office for our purposes sometime last year and we are grateful to them.
“After the office space was given to us, we needed to complete it, by doing some outstanding works.
“Thankfully we got donation from Agriculture Development Bank and Ghana Olympic Committee, which aided us in bringing the office to in its current state, but there were still a lot more work to be done.
“We about Gh¢40,000.00 to make it fully operational," Mr Zwennes noted.
“So we appealing to sponsors to come to our aid, so we could apply the finishing touches to the office,” he ended.
The Sports Emporium also donated some boxing equipment to the GBA, which would be distributed among regional federations.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan