The Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA), has a new office at the Bukom Boxing Arena.
The office would serve the administrative needs of the body that controls boxing in Ghana.
At a colourful opening graced by boxing stalwarts such as Ghana's first boxing champion D. K Poison, Former GBA Bosses, Samir Captan and Moses Foh-Amoaning.
The office was handed over to the GBA by the management of the facility after the local boxing controlling body had operated at the Accra Sports Stadium since its establishment.
Mr. Peter Zwennes, President of GBA, expressed appreciation to the facility managers for providing them with a secretariat, where they can run their businesses effectively.
“The management of Trust Sports Emporium graciously offered to donate the office for our purposes sometime last year and we are grateful to them.
“After the office space was given to us, we needed to complete it, by doing some outstanding works.
“Thankfully we got donation from Agriculture Development Bank and Ghana Olympic Committee, which aided us in bringing the office to in its current state, but there were still a lot more work to be done.
“We about Gh¢40,000.00 to make it fully operational," Mr Zwennes noted.
“So we appealing to sponsors to come to our aid, so we could apply the finishing touches to the office,” he ended.
The Sports Emporium also donated some boxing equipment to the GBA, which would be distributed among regional federations.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target
- Kwesi Appiah will be sacked if Ghana fail to win 2019 AFCON
- Mybet.Africa offers bonus for Kotoko-Coton Sports match
- Chelsea striker Morata 'agrees to join Atletico Madrid'
- GOIL sends goodwill message to Kotoko ahead of Coton Sport clash
- Australian Open 2019: Sharapova beats defending champion Wozniacki
- Jose Mourinho: Ex-Man United manager 'too young to retire' and 'belongs at top level'
- I pick my team based on penis size - German coach's response to journalist
- Barcelona fight back to reach Copa del Rey quarter-finals
- Serena makes light work of Bouchard at Australian Open
- Fred Pappoe wants to lead Ghana Football Association
- CAFCC: Annan warns Kotoko against complacency in Coton Sport clash
- GUSA turn attention to 2019 World University games
- Kwame Kizto open to Hearts of Oak return