The highest scoring player in FPL this week so far has been Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic (6.5m). He is the latest to demand attention after two goals, an assist and 16 points against Burnley.
The Fulham striker is now level with Sergio Aguero (£11.2m) on 24 points as the top-scoring forward in the FPL.
FPL managers have quickly reacted to this development with over 67,000 purchasing the Serb in the last 24 hours.
This season, Aleksandar Mitrovic has proved that he is ready to compete and this is why:
Mitrovic has played the most shots on target (7) this season. Also, only Aguero and Salah have bettered Mitrovic’s 15 shots in total. Mitrovic has initiated a revolution of cut-price strikers in the 2018/2019 Premier League season. Seven of the nine highest-scoring forwards in FPL are priced at £7.0m or under.
Callum Wilson (6.1m) has been the very consistent this season - the Bournemouth striker has produced a goal or an assist in each of his three appearances.
Marko Arnautovic (£7.0m), Wilfried Zaha (£7.0m) and Joselu (£5.0m) have all scored in two of the first three Gameweeks.
In a season where expensive defenders are proving dominant, these budget forwards can offer Fantasy managers a crucial source of value.
Investing in one, or even two of these bargain strikers can free up the cash required for some expensive defenders or midfielders.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect