The highest scoring player in FPL this week so far has been Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic (6.5m). He is the latest to demand attention after two goals, an assist and 16 points against Burnley.
The Fulham striker is now level with Sergio Aguero (£11.2m) on 24 points as the top-scoring forward in the FPL.
FPL managers have quickly reacted to this development with over 67,000 purchasing the Serb in the last 24 hours.
This season, Aleksandar Mitrovic has proved that he is ready to compete and this is why:
Mitrovic has played the most shots on target (7) this season. Also, only Aguero and Salah have bettered Mitrovic’s 15 shots in total. Mitrovic has initiated a revolution of cut-price strikers in the 2018/2019 Premier League season. Seven of the nine highest-scoring forwards in FPL are priced at £7.0m or under.
Callum Wilson (6.1m) has been the very consistent this season - the Bournemouth striker has produced a goal or an assist in each of his three appearances.
Marko Arnautovic (£7.0m), Wilfried Zaha (£7.0m) and Joselu (£5.0m) have all scored in two of the first three Gameweeks.
In a season where expensive defenders are proving dominant, these budget forwards can offer Fantasy managers a crucial source of value.
Investing in one, or even two of these bargain strikers can free up the cash required for some expensive defenders or midfielders.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Paa Kwesi Fabin appointed coach of Uganda's youth teams
- Kofi Amoah to stay in new look Fifa Normalisation Committee, 3 others to leave
- PSG win legal battle with UEFA over FFP investigation
- Opare replaces Yiadom in Black Stars squad to face Kenya
- Xavi says 48-team Qatar World Cup would be too long
- Hudson-Odoi 'shocked' to receive first England call-up
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game