The highest scoring player in FPL this week so far has been Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic (6.5m). He is the latest to demand attention after two goals, an assist and 16 points against Burnley.
The Fulham striker is now level with Sergio Aguero (£11.2m) on 24 points as the top-scoring forward in the FPL.
FPL managers have quickly reacted to this development with over 67,000 purchasing the Serb in the last 24 hours.
This season, Aleksandar Mitrovic has proved that he is ready to compete and this is why:
Mitrovic has played the most shots on target (7) this season. Also, only Aguero and Salah have bettered Mitrovic’s 15 shots in total. Mitrovic has initiated a revolution of cut-price strikers in the 2018/2019 Premier League season. Seven of the nine highest-scoring forwards in FPL are priced at £7.0m or under.
Callum Wilson (6.1m) has been the very consistent this season - the Bournemouth striker has produced a goal or an assist in each of his three appearances.
Marko Arnautovic (£7.0m), Wilfried Zaha (£7.0m) and Joselu (£5.0m) have all scored in two of the first three Gameweeks.
In a season where expensive defenders are proving dominant, these budget forwards can offer Fantasy managers a crucial source of value.
Investing in one, or even two of these bargain strikers can free up the cash required for some expensive defenders or midfielders.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target
- Kwesi Appiah will be sacked if Ghana fail to win 2019 AFCON
- Mybet.Africa offers bonus for Kotoko-Coton Sports match
- Chelsea striker Morata 'agrees to join Atletico Madrid'
- GOIL sends goodwill message to Kotoko ahead of Coton Sport clash
- Australian Open 2019: Sharapova beats defending champion Wozniacki
- Jose Mourinho: Ex-Man United manager 'too young to retire' and 'belongs at top level'
- I pick my team based on penis size - German coach's response to journalist
- Barcelona fight back to reach Copa del Rey quarter-finals
- Serena makes light work of Bouchard at Australian Open
- Fred Pappoe wants to lead Ghana Football Association
- CAFCC: Annan warns Kotoko against complacency in Coton Sport clash
- GUSA turn attention to 2019 World University games
- Kwame Kizto open to Hearts of Oak return