Manchester United have rejected Barcelona’s offer of £45million plus Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes for Paul Pogba, according to reports.
Pogba was linked with a switch to Barcelona after the World Cup, and the midfielder’s agent Mino Raiola reportedly flew to England to present United with the La Liga side’s offer. United were in talks to sign centre-back Mina before the deal was cancelled due to a row over agent’s fee.
But, Gianluca Di Marzio.com claim Barcelona have made the first move to sign Pogba by offering a player the club knows United would like. United have taken a stern stance in talks, insisting the World Cup winner is not for sale. Pogba shone for France in the World Cup as the 25-year-old re-established himself as one of the world’s best midfielders after a frustrating season for United.
Jose Mourinho wants Pogba back at Old Trafford and is hopeful he can replicate his form on the international stage for United. Pogba returned to pre-season this week after his World Cup exploits in Russia, with United set to kick off their Premier League season on Friday. United take on Leicester City in the Premier League’s opening game for the 2018/19 season.
Barcelona will be hard pressed to convince United to part with Pogba with the English transfer window set to shut on Thursday. United can still receive offers for players after Thursday, but will not be able to pursue targets to replace Pogba.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Injured Ronaldo expects to return in one or two weeks
- NC special competition to start this weekend after launch
- Bashir Hayford confirmed as Somalia coach
- John Paintsil confirms take-over of Wa All Stars
- Richard Commey, Liberty Industries call on Rawlings
- Caster Semenya: United Nations criticises 'humiliating' IAAF rule
- Black Stars vs Harambee Stars: 15 photos you missed from the Afcon qualifier
- Child refugee Berahino realises Burundi dream
- Mourinho's next move: Is there a club out there for the Not-As-Special One?
- ANALYSIS: Is it time for Kwesi Appiah's Black Stars to ditch playing 4-4-2?
- Schulz grabs late winner as Germany stun Netherlands
- Hazard scores on 100th Belgium appearance
- AFCON 2019: Full list of teams that have qualified
- Amewu breaks ground for construction of Hohoe Sports Stadium
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out