Ghana and Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey has been excluded from the Confederation of African Football's ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award.
The Black Stars ace was initially on a 34-man list but was evicted after a voting process from the members of the Caf Technical & Development Committee.
The final phase will involve votes from CAF Media Experts, Legends, Coaches of the quarter-finalists of the Caf Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup, and Coaches & Captains of the 54 Member Associations.
The Awards Gala will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
Egypt and Liverpool icon Mohamed Salah, who won last year's edition, remains the frontrunner.
He faces competition from his teammates Sadio Sane (Senegal) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon).
Uganda captain Denis Onyango who plays for Mamelodi Sundowns and Walid Soliman of Al Ahly and Egypt are on the list.
CAF Ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award
Alex Iwobi (Nigeria & Arsenal), Andre Onana (Cameroon & Ajax), Anis Badri (Tunisia & Esperance), Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco & Juventus)
Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Arsenal), Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool), Walid Soliman (Egypt & Ahly)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs
- Mybet.Africa unveil Double Win promo ahead of Ghana-Kenya clash
- Black Stars 'will give everything' for 2019 Afcon trophy - Ayew
- Ronaldo fined by Uefa over goal celebration
- Godfred Dame set to be Ghana gov't rep on new Fifa Task Force
- Pogba buys World Cup championship rings for entire France team
- Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd, says Pogba