Ghana and Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey has been excluded from the Confederation of African Football's ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award.
The Black Stars ace was initially on a 34-man list but was evicted after a voting process from the members of the Caf Technical & Development Committee.
The final phase will involve votes from CAF Media Experts, Legends, Coaches of the quarter-finalists of the Caf Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup, and Coaches & Captains of the 54 Member Associations.
The Awards Gala will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
Egypt and Liverpool icon Mohamed Salah, who won last year's edition, remains the frontrunner.
He faces competition from his teammates Sadio Sane (Senegal) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon).
Uganda captain Denis Onyango who plays for Mamelodi Sundowns and Walid Soliman of Al Ahly and Egypt are on the list.
CAF Ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award
Alex Iwobi (Nigeria & Arsenal), Andre Onana (Cameroon & Ajax), Anis Badri (Tunisia & Esperance), Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco & Juventus)
Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Arsenal), Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool), Walid Soliman (Egypt & Ahly)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Who is the Chelsea youngster and how good can he be?
- Australian Open: Wozniacki and Stephens through to third round
- Australian Open: Federer battles through against Dan Evans
- Tottenham's Kane out until March with ankle injury
- GFA Normalisation Committee outdoors ad-hoc committees
- Novak Djokovic starts Australian Open with straight-set win
- Houston Rockets: James Harden sets new NBA scoring record
- GPL clubs to play in Special Competition after NC meeting
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech to retire at the end of the season
- Australian Open 2019: Serena Williams cruises into second round
- Man City cruise past 10-man Wolves to keep pressure on Liverpool
- 40 to battle it out in Maltavator Challenge national finale
- Normalisation Committee postpone launch of Special Competition
- Murray loses possible farewell match at Australian Open to Agut
- De Gea can be Man Utd's greatest keeper - Solskjaer