Ghana and Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey has been excluded from the Confederation of African Football's ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award.
The Black Stars ace was initially on a 34-man list but was evicted after a voting process from the members of the Caf Technical & Development Committee.
The final phase will involve votes from CAF Media Experts, Legends, Coaches of the quarter-finalists of the Caf Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup, and Coaches & Captains of the 54 Member Associations.
The Awards Gala will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
Egypt and Liverpool icon Mohamed Salah, who won last year's edition, remains the frontrunner.
He faces competition from his teammates Sadio Sane (Senegal) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon).
Uganda captain Denis Onyango who plays for Mamelodi Sundowns and Walid Soliman of Al Ahly and Egypt are on the list.
CAF Ten-man shortlist for 2018 African Player of the Year award
Alex Iwobi (Nigeria & Arsenal), Andre Onana (Cameroon & Ajax), Anis Badri (Tunisia & Esperance), Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns), Mehdi Benatia (Morocco & Juventus)
Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Arsenal), Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City), Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool), Walid Soliman (Egypt & Ahly)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Hearts of Oak release goalkeeper Ernest Sowah
- Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on loan
- Betway Talent Search 2019: Desire FC win Northern Zone
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal