Amateur Golfer, James Akwaboah, has been adjudged the overall winner in the Captain One Golf Society monthly medal games played across five golf courses.
He finished tops with a total build-up score of 137 points to win the $1,000 at stake.
Akwaboah beat 24 other players including professionals that competed for glory year-long.
Prince Amponsah and Abubakar Nafui took the second and third place accumulating a total of 115 points and 105 points respectively.
A total of eight monthly medal games were played between January and December, with the last competition played at the Nsuta Golf Course in the Western Region.
The monthly medals were played on rotation at the Ankobra Country Golf Club, Obuasi Golf Club, Takoradi Golf Club and the Nsuta Golf Club.
Competition Secretary of Captain One Golf Society, Solomon Harvey, says the monthly medals were also used as qualifying tournaments for new members.
He revealed the Golf Society will host its inaugural tournament scheduled to take place at the Ankobra Country Golf Club in Bogoso, Western Region on January 5, 2019.
Registration of interested members ended on December 15, 2018.
Captain One Golf Society is a society that has non-political objectives founded to foster the interest of members in the promotion of the game of golf.
Founder, Pius Ayeh Appiah, says it also aims to help members maximize all benefits in golf including, exercising, developing skills and making money and also organize golf clinics for schools and orphanages.
The Gold Society also exists to raise funds for charity, as well as enable members to network and socialize.
The society currently has 54 members.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- OFFICIAL: Barcelona announce loan signing of Kevin-Prince Boateng
- Boateng confirms surprise move to Barcelona
- Barcelona to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo
- Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep in epic Australian Open clash
- CAF CC: Kotoko draw Al Hilal, Zesco and Nkana in group stage
- CAF CL: Sundowns beat Wydad as Mazembe lose in Algeria
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus
- Ashgold thrash Medeama to win Betway Cup
- CAF CC: Kotoko reach group stage for first time in 11 years
- Man City score their 100th goal of season to beat managerless Huddersfield
- Pacquiao beats Broner to retain WBA world title on points
- Federer beaten by Tsitsipas in Australian Open fourth round
- Impressive Arsenal beat Chelsea to stay in top four race
- Ligue 1: PSG put nine past Guingamp for record-breaking win