Tarkwa-based golfer Kojo Barnni produced a splendid performance to win the 2018 Gold Fields PGA championship held at Damang Golf Course last week.
Barnni, a pro teaching golfer at the Tarkwa golf club, retained the title he won last year with a total gross score of 279 in 72 holes over four days.
Former champions Amos Korblah and Vincent Torgah finished second and third respectively.
Barnni was given GHS 35,000.00 and also decorated with a jacket symbolizing the reigning Champion of the biggest professional golf tour in Ghana.
Speaking to the media after being crowned champion, Barnni expressed his excitement at finishing the year with a trophy.
"This is my fourth competition of the year and I managed to become third, fourth and fifth in all of them. So my target was to finish first in this competition and I am happy I was able to achieve it,” he said.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho
- Copa Libertadores final: Boca Juniors v River Plate in Madrid 'embarrassing'
- Frank Acheampong revels in Tianjin Teda relegation escape