Tarkwa-based golfer Kojo Barnni produced a splendid performance to win the 2018 Gold Fields PGA championship held at Damang Golf Course last week.
Barnni, a pro teaching golfer at the Tarkwa golf club, retained the title he won last year with a total gross score of 279 in 72 holes over four days.
Former champions Amos Korblah and Vincent Torgah finished second and third respectively.
Barnni was given GHS 35,000.00 and also decorated with a jacket symbolizing the reigning Champion of the biggest professional golf tour in Ghana.
Speaking to the media after being crowned champion, Barnni expressed his excitement at finishing the year with a trophy.
"This is my fourth competition of the year and I managed to become third, fourth and fifth in all of them. So my target was to finish first in this competition and I am happy I was able to achieve it,” he said.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan
- StarTimes to broadcast live Kotoko vs Asec Mimosas friendly
- Asamoah Gyan's return will be negative but… Foh-Amoaning
- Gyan rescinds Black Stars retirement decision
- Gyan’s 'tirade', Akufo-Addo's intervention criticised
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwasi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision
- StarTimes to broadcast 2019 Copa Del Rey final
- Ghana does not belong to Asamoah Gyan, he can go – Grunsah
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns