Tarkwa-based golfer Kojo Barnni produced a splendid performance to win the 2018 Gold Fields PGA championship held at Damang Golf Course last week.
Barnni, a pro teaching golfer at the Tarkwa golf club, retained the title he won last year with a total gross score of 279 in 72 holes over four days.
Former champions Amos Korblah and Vincent Torgah finished second and third respectively.
Barnni was given GHS 35,000.00 and also decorated with a jacket symbolizing the reigning Champion of the biggest professional golf tour in Ghana.
Speaking to the media after being crowned champion, Barnni expressed his excitement at finishing the year with a trophy.
"This is my fourth competition of the year and I managed to become third, fourth and fifth in all of them. So my target was to finish first in this competition and I am happy I was able to achieve it,” he said.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey