Albert Agbo eased past competition at the MTN Invitational golf final event of the year to emerge winner of men group A at the just ended MTN CEO Invitational Golf tourney held at the Tema Country Golf Club.
The climax of the annual event, saw about 100 golfers competing for laurels.
Agbo, brushed off competition in the Men’s Group A, to a net score of 66 off handicap 14 to place first and was followed by Godwin Asem, who shot to a net score of 69 off handicap 2 while Samuel Tetteh picked a net score of 69 off handicap 7 to occupy the third position.
In the same category, Peter Agbo managed his game to close at a net score of 70 off handicap 3 for the fourth spot.
In the Men’s Group B, Eric Ofosuhene finished first with a net score of 64 off handicap 24 to emerge the winner.
Felix A. Boateng followed with a net score of 67 off handicap 24 to place second while Seong Chill Kim carded a net score of 69 off handicap 18 for a third-place finish.
In the Ladies Group A, Lady Captain of the Ankobra Golf and Country Club in Bogoso, Floria Hurtubise beat Mona Captan of the Achimota Golf Club to 73 off handicap 13 to top the group.
Vida Annang emerged winner with a net score of 73 off handicap 25 in the Ladies Group B. She was followed closely by Adelaide Owusu who managed the second position with a net score of 74 off handicap 19.
In the Seniors category, Joe Dadson returned a net score of 75 off handicap 19 to finish ahead of former President of the Professional Golfers Association (PGA) Bliss B. Ayivor who closed at a net score of 77 off handicap 18 for the second position.
At the end of the competition, the Men’s Closest to the Pin prize went to John Udosen while Peter Dagle took home the prize for Men Longest Drive with Mona Captan of Achimota Golf Club picking the two awards in the ladies category.
The MTN CEO Invitational Golf tourney is aimed at developing golf in Ghana and also to offer golfers the opportunity to network in a friendly environment.
The Corporate Sales Executive of MTN, Sam Korankye acknowledged the substantial growth of the competition over the years and expressed MTN’s appreciation to the golfers for participating in the event.
He noted that, MTN was committed to deliver digital solutions to their stakeholders and customers.
He said “we do so because we want our customers to be bold in the digital world.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo
- AFCON 2019: Ghana's squad is 98% decided, says coach Kwesi Appiah
- 'It'll be tough but Liverpool can beat Barca' - Milner
- Ajax get Champions League boost as Eredivisie games postponed
- Superb Lacazette free-kick takes Arsenal into Europa League last four
- Chelsea hold off spirited Slavia Prague to reach Europa League semi-finals
- Monte Carlo Masters: Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal through
- Professional footballers to boycott social media for 24 hours in racism protest
- AFCON 2019: Sports Ministry denies $8m budget for Black Stars
- Son becomes top scoring Asian in Champions League history
- Football and spiritualism
- Spurs stun Man City on away goals in modern classic
- Easy Liverpool win at Porto sets up Barcelona semi-final