Manchester City's nervous finish in an otherwise comfortable win at Watford showed "you can never relax in the Premier League", according to manager Pep Guardiola.
The reigning champions had controlled Tuesday's game and led through goals from Leroy Sane and Riyad Mahrez but Abdoulaye Doucoure scrambled in for Watford in the 85th minute to give the hosts hope of an unlikely comeback.
Watford sent goalkeeper Ben Foster forward for set-pieces in a frantic finish, with Guardiola introducing defensive reinforcements to deal with the pressure, but the visitors held on for their seventh successive league win.
The win saw City re-establish their five-point lead at the top of the table, which could be cut to two when Liverpool play Burnley on Wednesday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain