Defender Harrison Afful believes his former coach at Columbus Crew Gregg Berhalter can make the US Men's National Team an unbeatable side after being handed the job.
The Ghana international was signed by Berhalter and went to play four seasons under him before being his appointment.
Berhalter has been touted as the man to make the Stars and Stripes great again
The USA missed out qualification to the 2018 FIFA World Cup and have hired the former to bring them back.
His former student Afful has no doubts Berhalter fits the bill to turn things around.
''I think Greg is the type of coach who always wants to bring the best out of his players. It is a privilege for me to work under him and I have learnt a lot of good things that will help me in my career,'' Afful told Joy Sports Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''I believe the US national team know best and they made the right choice so I just wish him well and I believe they will also support him with everything.''
Afful is getting ready to play his fifth season with Columbus Crew next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target
- Kwesi Appiah will be sacked if Ghana fail to win 2019 AFCON
- Mybet.Africa offers bonus for Kotoko-Coton Sports match
- Chelsea striker Morata 'agrees to join Atletico Madrid'
- GOIL sends goodwill message to Kotoko ahead of Coton Sport clash
- Australian Open 2019: Sharapova beats defending champion Wozniacki
- Jose Mourinho: Ex-Man United manager 'too young to retire' and 'belongs at top level'
- I pick my team based on penis size - German coach's response to journalist
- Barcelona fight back to reach Copa del Rey quarter-finals
- Serena makes light work of Bouchard at Australian Open
- Fred Pappoe wants to lead Ghana Football Association
- CAFCC: Annan warns Kotoko against complacency in Coton Sport clash
- GUSA turn attention to 2019 World University games
- Kwame Kizto open to Hearts of Oak return