Defender Harrison Afful believes his former coach at Columbus Crew Gregg Berhalter can make the US Men's National Team an unbeatable side after being handed the job.
The Ghana international was signed by Berhalter and went to play four seasons under him before being his appointment.
Berhalter has been touted as the man to make the Stars and Stripes great again
The USA missed out qualification to the 2018 FIFA World Cup and have hired the former to bring them back.
His former student Afful has no doubts Berhalter fits the bill to turn things around.
''I think Greg is the type of coach who always wants to bring the best out of his players. It is a privilege for me to work under him and I have learnt a lot of good things that will help me in my career,'' Afful told Joy Sports Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''I believe the US national team know best and they made the right choice so I just wish him well and I believe they will also support him with everything.''
Afful is getting ready to play his fifth season with Columbus Crew next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia