Defender Harrison Afful believes his former coach at Columbus Crew Gregg Berhalter can make the US Men's National Team an unbeatable side after being handed the job.
The Ghana international was signed by Berhalter and went to play four seasons under him before being his appointment.
Berhalter has been touted as the man to make the Stars and Stripes great again
The USA missed out qualification to the 2018 FIFA World Cup and have hired the former to bring them back.
His former student Afful has no doubts Berhalter fits the bill to turn things around.
''I think Greg is the type of coach who always wants to bring the best out of his players. It is a privilege for me to work under him and I have learnt a lot of good things that will help me in my career,'' Afful told Joy Sports Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''I believe the US national team know best and they made the right choice so I just wish him well and I believe they will also support him with everything.''
Afful is getting ready to play his fifth season with Columbus Crew next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot