Defender Harrison Afful believes his former coach at Columbus Crew Gregg Berhalter can make the US Men's National Team an unbeatable side after being handed the job.
The Ghana international was signed by Berhalter and went to play four seasons under him before being his appointment.
Berhalter has been touted as the man to make the Stars and Stripes great again
The USA missed out qualification to the 2018 FIFA World Cup and have hired the former to bring them back.
His former student Afful has no doubts Berhalter fits the bill to turn things around.
''I think Greg is the type of coach who always wants to bring the best out of his players. It is a privilege for me to work under him and I have learnt a lot of good things that will help me in my career,'' Afful told Joy Sports Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''I believe the US national team know best and they made the right choice so I just wish him well and I believe they will also support him with everything.''
Afful is getting ready to play his fifth season with Columbus Crew next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs
- Mybet.Africa unveil Double Win promo ahead of Ghana-Kenya clash
- Black Stars 'will give everything' for 2019 Afcon trophy - Ayew
- Ronaldo fined by Uefa over goal celebration
- Godfred Dame set to be Ghana gov't rep on new Fifa Task Force
- Pogba buys World Cup championship rings for entire France team
- Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd, says Pogba