Tianjin Teda midfielder Frank Acheampong is delighted after helping his side retain their Chinese Super League status for next season.
The Ghana international played a huge role, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances as Teda escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
"The effort we put in, by God's grace everything went well as expected,” he said.
"We were almost going down but thank God we survived. All I can say is it's so amazing. The love they were showing. It got to a point we just needed one goal to make this record and in that game, we lost and even the previous game, I wasn't even the best but I knew what I was playing for and I knew that God’s time is the best.
He added, "Thank God I was able to make it but then I couldn't do it alone, the fans, the playing body, the coaches even when the going went tough we didn't stop."
The 25-year-old signed for Teda from Belgian side Anderlecht.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Saudi prince denies interest in £3.8bn Man Utd takeover
- PHOTOS: Bishop Bowers Sch honour 8-year old Kojo Arhin after Joy Kids Olympics exploits
- Berekum Chelsea, Nania to take part in Viareggio Cup in Italy
- Sánchez goals will start to flow like ketchup, says Solskjær
- Jerome Boateng ruled out of Liverpool Champions League tie
- Physio and six teenagers step in for Italian side but lose 20-0
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey