Tianjin Teda midfielder Frank Acheampong is delighted after helping his side retain their Chinese Super League status for next season.
The Ghana international played a huge role, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances as Teda escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
"The effort we put in, by God's grace everything went well as expected,” he said.
"We were almost going down but thank God we survived. All I can say is it's so amazing. The love they were showing. It got to a point we just needed one goal to make this record and in that game, we lost and even the previous game, I wasn't even the best but I knew what I was playing for and I knew that God’s time is the best.
He added, "Thank God I was able to make it but then I couldn't do it alone, the fans, the playing body, the coaches even when the going went tough we didn't stop."
The 25-year-old signed for Teda from Belgian side Anderlecht.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot