Ghana football's Normalisation Committee spokesperson Dan Kweku Yeboah has denied reports that they have accepted a proposal from clubs to resume the domestic league in January.
Last week club owners and chief executive officers met the Normalisation Committee to discuss the way forward of the game following an indefinite ban in June after some officials were caught on camera engaging in bribery and corruption.
“The release making rounds that football is returning in January is not coming from the Normalisation Committee. What happened was that we were about to put together a special competition which was supposed to comprise of the premier league and division one clubs to make up 64 teams," Yeboah told Citi FM.
"After drawing the modalities, we met the chief executives of the various clubs and they also gave us their take on the matter and then suggested separate competitions for the various divisions.
"Dr Kofi Amoah asked them to put their proposals on paper for submission which they did and submitted.
"However there has been no official response as to approval or disapproval from the Normalisation Committee so I do not know the source that says an agreement has been reached and the league or football is starting in January," he added.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco