Ghana football is set for some frenetic times ahead after an Accra High Court adjourned to February 21 an interlocutory injunction suit filed by Accra Great Olympics Club Limited against the Ghana Football Association.
Justice Anthony Yeboah before adjourning the case which has halted the start of the 2017/18 Ghana Premier League season listened to a plea by the counsel for Olympics who stated that he was yet to completely study the response filed by counsel for the GFA because he only received it on Monday.
Justice Yeboah directed the counsel for both parties to ensure that their written responses and any other supplementary documents were filed before Friday, February 16 before adjourning the suit.
The Wonder club are challenging their relegation from the country's elite division claiming Bechem United fielded an unqualified player during their league match against Elmina Sharks last season.
The club secured an injunction on the league originally billed to start last weekend.
The latest standoff means the delay start of the league will continue unabated until a resolution is reached between the two parties.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2
- CAF CC: Kotoko players to receive $500 each qualification bonus
- Ashgold thrash Medeama to win Betway Cup
- CAF CC: Kotoko reach group stage for first time in 11 years
- Man City score their 100th goal of season to beat managerless Huddersfield
- Pacquiao beats Broner to retain WBA world title on points
- Federer beaten by Tsitsipas in Australian Open fourth round
- Impressive Arsenal beat Chelsea to stay in top four race
- Ligue 1: PSG put nine past Guingamp for record-breaking win
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- La Liga: Real Madrid climb to third with vital win over Sevilla
- Liverpool survive Palace scare to move seven points clear
- Pogba and Rashford give Solskjaer seventh straight Man Utd win
- FIFA condemns undercover investigator killing
- Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea in talks with Bayern Munich target