Liverpool have signed Switzerland forward Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke City, after triggering his £13.5m release clause.
The 26-year-old joined the Potters from Inter Milan in August 2015 for a club record fee of £12m.
He was Stoke's top scorer last season with eight goals as they were relegated from the Premier League.
Shaqiri scored against Serbia at the World Cup as Switzerland reached the last 16, where they lost to Sweden.
In June, he was reported as saying he wanted to leave Stoke and sign for a Premier League club.
Liverpool have already strengthened their squad this summer with the £39m signing of Monaco midfielder Fabinho, and the arrival of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect