Fenerbahce have signed Swansea City forward Andre Ayew on a one-year loan deal.
The Turkish side have an option to sign the 28-year-old Ghana international on a permanent deal after the loan.
The club's sporting director Damien Comolli lauded a ‘super talented, versatile and energetic’ Ayew.
“We're happy to get Andre Ayew. He is a super talented player and can play in many positions which is a big advantage to us,” Comolli said.
“Everyone is glad that he has joined us and we are hoping to witness the best of him with us now and in the future. However, I'm not ready to make open how much was involved in this deal" he added.
Ayew, who was handed jersey No.20, admitted his excitement, adding that he is aware of the expectations of the club's supporters.
“Fenerbahce's consistent interest in me made me very happy since the first time I heard of their approach,” the 28-year-old said.
“I know Fenerbahce is a big club with huge supporters. Now the club has a new president, a new sporting director, a new technical team and has entered a new era so we are hoping for the best.
“A very important project was presented to me. The supporters have a big expectations and I hope that we will meet those expectations,” he added.
Ayew is thought to be among Swansea's highest earners and his departure was expected following the club's relegation from the Premier League.
The former Marseilles striker re-signed for the Swans from West Ham United in January in a move worth £18m.
But Ayew failed to score in 12 appearances after joining for his second spell at the club, having left for West Ham in August 2016 following one season in south Wales.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain