Fenerbahce have signed Swansea City forward Andre Ayew on a one-year loan deal.
The Turkish side have an option to sign the 28-year-old Ghana international on a permanent deal after the loan.
The club's sporting director Damien Comolli lauded a ‘super talented, versatile and energetic’ Ayew.
“We're happy to get Andre Ayew. He is a super talented player and can play in many positions which is a big advantage to us,” Comolli said.
“Everyone is glad that he has joined us and we are hoping to witness the best of him with us now and in the future. However, I'm not ready to make open how much was involved in this deal" he added.
Ayew, who was handed jersey No.20, admitted his excitement, adding that he is aware of the expectations of the club's supporters.
“Fenerbahce's consistent interest in me made me very happy since the first time I heard of their approach,” the 28-year-old said.
“I know Fenerbahce is a big club with huge supporters. Now the club has a new president, a new sporting director, a new technical team and has entered a new era so we are hoping for the best.
“A very important project was presented to me. The supporters have a big expectations and I hope that we will meet those expectations,” he added.
Ayew is thought to be among Swansea's highest earners and his departure was expected following the club's relegation from the Premier League.
The former Marseilles striker re-signed for the Swans from West Ham United in January in a move worth £18m.
But Ayew failed to score in 12 appearances after joining for his second spell at the club, having left for West Ham in August 2016 following one season in south Wales.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow