Preparations by participating countries in the forthcoming Go On Africa Armwrestling Championship is peaking by the day.
Sponsored by Go On Energy drink, a new product line with the prestigious look and premium taste by Twellium industries, the competition, scheduled on July 26, at the Hathramani Hall of the Accra Sports Stadium is expected to draw the continent's finest for the tourney.
Organizers of the competition, Ghana Arm wrestling Federation, through their President Mr Charles Osei Asibey, have indicated that all is set for the big event.
So far, close to 15 countries have confirmed participation.
Officials of Twellium Industries have said in an interview that " Our commitment to the development of sports in the country remains unchanged. We believe in Team Ghana, we also believe this championship will go a long way to further strengthen the already healthy relationship among the participating countries. "
He added " Arm wrestling is young in the country, but l must admit, the prospects look bright, hence our decision to come on board. I must also say that the Go On energy drink was designed for a physical activity like arm wrestling in mind. It enhances high-quality performance.
At stake are attractive prizes, medals and a giant trophy. Ghana is being represented by the Golden Arms.
Nigeria hosted the previous edition where Ghana won 22 medals which represent the highest silverware won by any single federation in Ghana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon
- Liverpool frustrated by Bayern in Anfield stalemate
- GFA Elections: NC denies Master Degree requirement reports
- Supercopa de Espana: New four-team tournament set to be played abroad
- Hearts boss Kim Grant unhappy with lack of competitive football
- Kotoko coach reiterates CAF Confed knockout stage target
- Solskjaer praises Pogba as one of 'best attacking midfielders in the world'
- Sarri feels the heat as Chelsea fans turn on Italian coach