Egypt head coach Hector Cuper says star player Mohamed Salah is ''almost 100%'' certain to feature in Friday's World Cup opener against Uruguay in Yekaterinburg.
The Liverpool forward damaged his shoulder ligaments in the Champions League final last month following a challenge from Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos and was a doubt for the Pharaoh's first match having failed to play in any of the warm-up games.
But when asked about Salah's potential involvement against Uruguay, Cuper said "I can almost assure you 100% he will play, save unforeseen circumstances at the very last minute,"
"He could become the top goalscorer here and one of the greatest players."
Cuper said Salah was "doing very well" and had recovered "very, very quickly".
He added: "We're trying to make him feel confident. The doctors are giving him the option to play or not, but I know Salah very well and I'm sure he's not afraid, he's not fearful."
Salah, 25, will be hoping to replicate his goalscoring exploits in Russia. He bagged a staggering 44 goals in all competitions last season.
Following their match against Uruguay, Egypt face hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia in Group A.
Follow the World Cup with the Multimedia Group! With live English radio commentary on Joy 99.7 FM radio, Akan radio commentary on Asempa 94.7 FM and livestreaming on Myjoyonline.com, we've got you covered all-tournament long.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Serena knocked out of Australian Open by Pliskova after holding match points
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: A wildcard that can improve Barcelona
- 'Messi the best in every world' – Boateng turns back on Ronaldo allegiances
- Ronaldo accepts €18.8m deal over tax evasion
- Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City player on missing plane
- Tsitsipas reaches Australian Open semi-finals
- New Barcelona signing Boateng 'a little sad' to leave Sassuolo
- Boateng becomes first Ghanaian, 14th African to join Barcelona
- OFFICIAL: Barcelona announce loan signing of Kevin-Prince Boateng
- Boateng confirms surprise move to Barcelona
- Barcelona to sign Kevin-Prince Boateng from Sassuolo
- Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep in epic Australian Open clash
- CAF CC: Kotoko draw Al Hilal, Zesco and Nkana in group stage
- CAF CL: Sundowns beat Wydad as Mazembe lose in Algeria
- Solomon Akumba wins Maltavator Challenge Season 2