The Ghana Premier League matchday 3 clash between Berekum Chelsea and Elmina Sharks scheduled to take place at the Golden City Park on Wednesday has been postponed.
This is because the facility has been rented out to the Church of Pentecost, who will be using it for an Easter convention.
The away team, Sharks were informed after they had arrived in Berekum to step up their preparations.
Spokesperson of Elmina Sharks Richmond Arthur in an exclusive chat with Joy Sports described the situation as unfortunate.
"We got to know of the postponement of our league game via social media. We received no official communication so we had already arrived in Sunyani before realizing it was all over social media. We later got confirmation from the PLB.
It's not easy before you prepare your team for a game. Too many things go in and we[Sharks] are disappointed.''
The match was expected to produce thrills with both teams eager to claim their first three points of the season.
Both teams have a point each after the opening two rounds.
It is worth noting that the GFA does not control how league grounds are administered because all stadia are either owned and operated by separate bodies such as the National Sports Authority or other local councils.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Prison Ladies fined ¢5,000 for assault on ref Bremansu
- ‘Prof Wallace’ writes: Economic benefits of sports
- MTN supports South African Freedom Day Golf Tourney
- Pogba only player not from Man City or Liverpool in PFA Team of the Year
- UK visa delay could hurt Ghanaian Heavyweight boxer Richard Lartey's dream
- Ex-EPL stars set for Ghana scouting programme on April 29
- Premier League wage bill surges to £2.9bn
- Man City return to top with derby win over Man United
- Superb Wolves dent Arsenal's top-four hopes
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko, Hearts win to end first round on a high
- Samini to perform at 44th MTN SWAG Awards
- Ortiz will not replace Miller as Joshua's next opponent
- NC Special Cup: Matchday 7 preview
- Barcelona close in on La Liga title with routine win at Alaves
- William Amponsah wins 2019 Kwahu Easter Mountain Marathon