The Ghana Premier League matchday 3 clash between Berekum Chelsea and Elmina Sharks scheduled to take place at the Golden City Park on Wednesday has been postponed.
This is because the facility has been rented out to the Church of Pentecost, who will be using it for an Easter convention.
The away team, Sharks were informed after they had arrived in Berekum to step up their preparations.
Spokesperson of Elmina Sharks Richmond Arthur in an exclusive chat with Joy Sports described the situation as unfortunate.
"We got to know of the postponement of our league game via social media. We received no official communication so we had already arrived in Sunyani before realizing it was all over social media. We later got confirmation from the PLB.
It's not easy before you prepare your team for a game. Too many things go in and we[Sharks] are disappointed.''
The match was expected to produce thrills with both teams eager to claim their first three points of the season.
Both teams have a point each after the opening two rounds.
It is worth noting that the GFA does not control how league grounds are administered because all stadia are either owned and operated by separate bodies such as the National Sports Authority or other local councils.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María