The Ghana Premier League matchday 3 clash between Berekum Chelsea and Elmina Sharks scheduled to take place at the Golden City Park on Wednesday has been postponed.
This is because the facility has been rented out to the Church of Pentecost, who will be using it for an Easter convention.
The away team, Sharks were informed after they had arrived in Berekum to step up their preparations.
Spokesperson of Elmina Sharks Richmond Arthur in an exclusive chat with Joy Sports described the situation as unfortunate.
"We got to know of the postponement of our league game via social media. We received no official communication so we had already arrived in Sunyani before realizing it was all over social media. We later got confirmation from the PLB.
It's not easy before you prepare your team for a game. Too many things go in and we[Sharks] are disappointed.''
The match was expected to produce thrills with both teams eager to claim their first three points of the season.
Both teams have a point each after the opening two rounds.
It is worth noting that the GFA does not control how league grounds are administered because all stadia are either owned and operated by separate bodies such as the National Sports Authority or other local councils.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Joy Prime brings viewers AFCON live updates
- Senegal v Algeria: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ghana’s problem is a lack of ‘top class players' – Kwabena Agyepong
- AFCON 2019: Salah scores as Egypt move into last 16
- VIDEO: A look at Andre Ayew's record 9 Afcon goals for Ghana
- AFCON 2019: Zimbabwe held after two glaring Musona misses
- AFCON 2019: Omeruo header helps Nigeria qualify for last 16
- Riyad Mahrez, wife ordered to pay former nanny
- AFCON 2019: Amr Warda sent home by Egypt for disciplinary reasons
- Man Utd reach agreement with Palace for £50m Wan-Bissaka
- AFCON 2019: Nigeria players 'owed bonuses and allowances'
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau