The Ghana Premier League matchday 3 clash between Berekum Chelsea and Elmina Sharks scheduled to take place at the Golden City Park on Wednesday has been postponed.
This is because the facility has been rented out to the Church of Pentecost, who will be using it for an Easter convention.
The away team, Sharks were informed after they had arrived in Berekum to step up their preparations.
Spokesperson of Elmina Sharks Richmond Arthur in an exclusive chat with Joy Sports described the situation as unfortunate.
"We got to know of the postponement of our league game via social media. We received no official communication so we had already arrived in Sunyani before realizing it was all over social media. We later got confirmation from the PLB.
It's not easy before you prepare your team for a game. Too many things go in and we[Sharks] are disappointed.''
The match was expected to produce thrills with both teams eager to claim their first three points of the season.
Both teams have a point each after the opening two rounds.
It is worth noting that the GFA does not control how league grounds are administered because all stadia are either owned and operated by separate bodies such as the National Sports Authority or other local councils.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow
- Man City forward Sterling named Premier League player of the month
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot