Antoine Griezmann scored twice as Atletico Madrid swept aside Marseille in Lyon to win the Europa League for the third time in nine years.
France forward Griezmann opened the scoring by punishing Andre Zambo Anguissa's poor touch to coolly slot home, then casually dinked in a second.
Captain Gabi drilled in the third goal late on as Atletico again lifted the trophy they also won in 2010 and 2012.
The outcome could have been different had Marseille forward Valere Germain taken an early chance, before Griezmann's lethal finishing allowed Atletico to take control.
Marseille skipper Dimitri Payet, an injury doubt before the game, lasted just half an hour before hobbling off in tears.
Without their inspirational midfielder, the French side caused Atletico just one major scare as ex-Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou headed against the post.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain