Antoine Griezmann scored twice as Atletico Madrid swept aside Marseille in Lyon to win the Europa League for the third time in nine years.
France forward Griezmann opened the scoring by punishing Andre Zambo Anguissa's poor touch to coolly slot home, then casually dinked in a second.
Captain Gabi drilled in the third goal late on as Atletico again lifted the trophy they also won in 2010 and 2012.
The outcome could have been different had Marseille forward Valere Germain taken an early chance, before Griezmann's lethal finishing allowed Atletico to take control.
Marseille skipper Dimitri Payet, an injury doubt before the game, lasted just half an hour before hobbling off in tears.
Without their inspirational midfielder, the French side caused Atletico just one major scare as ex-Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou headed against the post.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs
- Mybet.Africa unveil Double Win promo ahead of Ghana-Kenya clash
- Black Stars 'will give everything' for 2019 Afcon trophy - Ayew
- Ronaldo fined by Uefa over goal celebration
- Godfred Dame set to be Ghana gov't rep on new Fifa Task Force
- Pogba buys World Cup championship rings for entire France team
- Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd, says Pogba