Nigeria qualified for their first Africa Cup of Nations since winning the tournament in 2013 after drawing 1-1 with South Africa in Johannesburg.
The draw guarantees the three-time African champions a place in Cameroon with a round of matches still to play.
Despite conquering Africa in 2013, the Super Eagles surprisingly failed to qualify for the 2015 and 2017 finals.
Nigeria led through an own goal before South Africa's Percy Tau produced a moment of magic to tee up Lebo Mothiba.
The draw takes the Super Eagles to 10 points in Group E, one ahead of South Africa and three more than Libya who roared back into contention when thrashing the Seychelles 8-1 in Victoria.
Libya will now qualify for the Nations Cup if they beat Bafana Bafana in their final match next March.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Nigeria, meanwhile, finish their campaign at home to the Seychelles who have conceded 22 goals in their five group games and prop up the table with one point.
The Super Eagles' previous Nations Cup triumphs came in 1980, 1994 and 2013.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy