Last Sunday marked a major milestone in African minigolf history when 11 minigolf clubs in the country teed-off the maiden Coca-Cola Minigolf Clubs League at the 18-hole Ridge Sports City in Accra.
The competition featured clubs like Black Putters, Brave Warriors, Forbes, Fly, Power, Sky, Nutterz Putterz, Wonder, Kama, Satayou and Golden Putters who will engage in a round-robin league system that will involve more than 90 matches played over the next six weeks to declare the 2018 champion minigolf club on December 16 at Ridge Sports City.
Under the League format, each minigolf club will compete weekly, in three games of two players per fixture with the 18 holes final scores combined as one total in favour of the winning club earn three points or one point for a draw.
At the end of the last Sunday’s opening week League matches, homegrown club Nutterz Putterz set the pace by clinching the top spot of the league table with a total score of 271 (7 holes-in-one putted), followed in second place by the electrifying Power Club, featuring Ace Putters Maruf Ahmed & Solomon Lokko, with a total score of 276 points (13 holes-in-one putted)
After last Sunday’s matches, Mr Talal Fattal, the Secretary General of African Minigolf Federation and the President of Ghana Minigolf Federation (GMF), expressed his excitement that the competition had finally teed-off to the delight of all the Minigolf industry stakeholders
“This club league is a groundbreaking moment for minigolf in Ghana & Africa, as it is the first ever and comes on the heels of successful Coca-Cola Africa Open Minigolf championship held in July at this very course,” he said.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The Coca-Cola Minigolf League is organised by the GMF and is co-sponsored by Melcom, Latex Foam, Interplast, Unilever and Azar Paint.
The competition continues this Sunday with matchday 2 fixtures from 3 - 5 pm at Ridge sports city with the outstanding matches played the following week Friday or Saturday at 5 pm
According to the GMF, the 2018 Coca-Cola knockout one-day gala competition is set to come off on grand style with amazing prizes at the end of this year & will be open to both member/non-members of the Ghana Minigolf federation.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2009 U-20 World Cup MVP Dominic Adiyiah joins Thai second-tier club
- Richard Commey 'feels like a complete fighter' ahead of world title fight
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy