Mauritania qualified for an Africa Cup of Nations finals for the first time in their history on Sunday with a 2-1 win over Botswana in Nouakchott.
Elsewhere, Guinea and Ivory Coast both qualified for next year's Nations Cup after a 1-1 draw in Conakry as former champions Zambia were eliminated with a defeat in Mozambique.
On a busy day of qualifiers, Algeria also booked their place with Riyad Mahrez scoring a brace in their 4-1 victory away to Togo.
Mauritania qualified for the first time from Group I as they came from a goal down to beat Botswana 2-1 at home with Ismael Diakite scoring an 84th minute winner.
The result puts Mauritania on 12 points at the top of the group, with Angola - who beat Burkina Faso 2-1 - second on nine points.
Burkina Faso are two points further back with Botswana bottom on one point.
Guinea had progressed before they had even kicked a ball after Rwanda held the Central African Republic to a 2-2 draw in Group H.
Their 1-1 draw at home with Ivory Coast later in the day meant the Elephants also progressed to the finals in Cameroon in 2019.
Mohamed Yattara put Guinea ahead after 11 minutes with Jean Michael Seri equalising for Ivory Coast nine minutes later.
Both of Rwanda's goals came from Gor Mahia's Jacques Tuyisenge with Mahamadou Habib Habibou and a 90th minute strike from Geoffrey Kondogbia earning CAR the draw.
Guinea are top of Group H on 11 points with Ivory Coast second on eight points.
CAR are three points further adrift having played one game more and Rwanda are bottom on two points.
Former champions Zambia were eliminated after a 1-0 away loss to Mozambique in Group K.
Reginaldo Faife kept Mozambican hopes alive of a top-two finish and a place at the finals by scoring the only goal after 63 minutes in Maputo.
Guinea-Bissau and Namibia have eight points each after a 0-0 draw in Windhoek on Saturday, Mozambique seven and Zambia four with the final qualifier to come next March.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees
- CLUB 5 on 5 tournament: Eight teams set for final
- Gyan will not be captain despite President’s intervention- Head of Sports, Multimedia
- Three reasons why Kwesi Appiah cannot drop Asamoah Gyan
- StarTimes to broadcast live Kotoko vs Asec Mimosas friendly
- Asamoah Gyan's return will be negative but… Foh-Amoaning
- Gyan rescinds Black Stars retirement decision
- Gyan’s 'tirade', Akufo-Addo's intervention criticised
- Akufo-Addo backs Kwasi Appiah's new Black Stars captain decision
- StarTimes to broadcast 2019 Copa Del Rey final
- Ghana does not belong to Asamoah Gyan, he can go – Grunsah