The Second Edition of Unilever Minigolf Schools Competition is finally here!
After a very successful maiden edition, The Ghana Minigolf Federation has launched it’s much anticipated second edition of the Unilever Schools Competition featuring the defending Champions Galaxy International School, G.I.S, Al-Ryan, Ridge Church School, Pat Academy, D.P.S, Jack n Jill, Lycee Francais and Aggrey Memorial School.
The second edition is even more exciting as the Federation has also partnered with five schools in Kumasi involving Mother Smith International, Kubinson International, Salem Montessori, Modern International and Pentecostal International School.
Over 150 students who have been well trained on various putting techniques were on full display last Saturday, November 18th, 2018, in Accra and Kumasi.
Each student will play individually, scores will be electronically computed into the GMF Scoring database. After collation, the lowest score average over the 5 weeks will have the chance to be selected in the top 54 for the finals on Saturday 22nd December 2018.
The aim of the competition is to help promote Minigolf amongst students as part of the Federation’s objective to demystify the sport to become a household name in society.
Winners of the Unilever Minigolf Schools Competition stand a chance of competing in next year’s Minigolf Continental Youth Championship.
Supporting sponsors this year’s Unilever Minigolf Schools Competition are Melcom, Latex Foam, Interplast, Unilever and Azar Paint.
The Unilever Schools Competition continues this Saturday, November 24th at Ridge Sports City Accra & Kumasi Technical University.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow