The thrilling four-week recruitment journey for the Maltavator Challenge Season 2 was climaxed at the Tamale Stadium Annex over the weekend.
The venue was packed with hundreds of hopefuls looking to grab a place in the most sought-after 6-person team to represent Ghana at the Pan African Championship to be held in South Africa in 2019.
A fiercely fought competition among over 200 people ended with 10 finalists coming out tops, and they will join 30 other finalists from Accra, Takoradi and Kumasi in the Ghana grand finale slated for January 2019.
An ecstatic winner of the Tamale Challenge, Alhassan Fuseini, is hopeful he will make the Ghana team for the ultimate in South Africa.
“It wasn't easy but I thank Allah for helping me make it. I know I will perform well in the national challenge with the same determination that brought me this far.”
The national finale of the Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge will be held at the El-Wak Stadium in Accra among the selected 40 challengers from Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi and Tamale.
The Brands Manager for Malta Guinness, Roland Ofori, was pleased with the outcome of the recruitment journey.
“The journey to recruit the 40 challengers for the Ghana finale has been exciting and I anticipate an equally thrilling and very competitive final in Accra come January. I’ll encourage all 40 finalists to put in their best and remind those without passports to begin processing to enable easy travel if they make it to the top six.”
Ghana’s six representatives will battle other competitors from Nigeria, Cameroun, Kenya, Ethiopia and Cote D’Ivoire for the $20,000 prize money.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow