The thrilling four-week recruitment journey for the Maltavator Challenge Season 2 was climaxed at the Tamale Stadium Annex over the weekend.
The venue was packed with hundreds of hopefuls looking to grab a place in the most sought-after 6-person team to represent Ghana at the Pan African Championship to be held in South Africa in 2019.
A fiercely fought competition among over 200 people ended with 10 finalists coming out tops, and they will join 30 other finalists from Accra, Takoradi and Kumasi in the Ghana grand finale slated for January 2019.
An ecstatic winner of the Tamale Challenge, Alhassan Fuseini, is hopeful he will make the Ghana team for the ultimate in South Africa.
“It wasn't easy but I thank Allah for helping me make it. I know I will perform well in the national challenge with the same determination that brought me this far.”
The national finale of the Malta Guinness Maltavator Challenge will be held at the El-Wak Stadium in Accra among the selected 40 challengers from Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi and Tamale.
The Brands Manager for Malta Guinness, Roland Ofori, was pleased with the outcome of the recruitment journey.
“The journey to recruit the 40 challengers for the Ghana finale has been exciting and I anticipate an equally thrilling and very competitive final in Accra come January. I’ll encourage all 40 finalists to put in their best and remind those without passports to begin processing to enable easy travel if they make it to the top six.”
Ghana’s six representatives will battle other competitors from Nigeria, Cameroun, Kenya, Ethiopia and Cote D’Ivoire for the $20,000 prize money.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain