Golden Putters dislodged Power Club from the top spot of the Coca-Cola Minigolf Clubs League competition which entered its third week on Sunday at the Ridge Sports City in Accra.
Buoyed by their numerous fans, the Golden Putters produced a spectacular performance to claim the top spot from the electrifying Power Club. The Club garnered a total score of 792 which placed them in a comfortable lead with 24 points. The Somasse brothers won the league’s ad hoc prizes as the Lowest Score in the league and for Lowest Pairs Scored.
Power Club came in second on the league table with a total score of 815 and 19 points while still maintaining the record for highest holes-in-one putted at 36. The homegrown Nutterz Putterz came in 3rd, Black Putters 4th, Forbes Club 5th and Kama Club came in 6th with 18 points, 18 points, 13 points and 13 points respectively.
It’s yet still anybody’s game as points are almost evenly matched but one cannot omit the brooding rivalry going on in the league which looks like the Francophone clubs have the upper edge with Golden Putters and Kama then again Ghanaian clubs like Black Putters, Power, Nutterz Putterz and Forbes are planning a major “coup d’état” on Match Day 4.
The Minigolfers paired up against one another to play three rounds of pure Minigolf at its best under the League format with 18 holes final scores combined as one total in favour of the winning club. Winners earn three points, draws attract two points while a loss cost one point per game.
The competition continues this Sunday 2nd December with matchday 4 fixtures from 3 - 5 pm.
Top 6 clubs after week 5 of the league will qualify to the finals on December 16th to declare the champion club who will win the 1st prize of GHC 2500. There will be with an additional 10 prizes awarded to runners up & best league players with Melcom home appliances, Latex Foam mattresses, Azar paints, Interplast products, shopping & restaurant vouchers from our loyal sponsors.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey