Black Maidens captain Mukarama Abdulai has been nominated for the 2018 CAF Women's African Player of the Year award.
Mukarama is among 15 nominees for the top award which also include Black Queens duo Portia Boakye and Elizabeth Addo.
Mukarama’s nomination is a reward for her sensational performance at the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup where she bagged seven goals in four games.
Her goals could land her the Golden Boot award if her rival Claudia Pina of Spain, who is on five goals, fail to score in the final on Saturday.
The senior national female team, Black Queens have also been nominated for the Women’s National Team of the year but face stiff competition from 2018 AWCON finalists Nigeria and South Africa.
The winner of the award will be announced on 8 January 2019 at a ceremony in Dakar, Senegal.
Nominees for Women’s African player of the year:
- Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
- Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
- Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
- Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
- Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
- Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
- Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine) 12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
- Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
- Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
Nominees for Women’s national team of the year
5. South Africa
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María