Black Maidens captain Mukarama Abdulai has been nominated for the 2018 CAF Women's African Player of the Year award.
Mukarama is among 15 nominees for the top award which also include Black Queens duo Portia Boakye and Elizabeth Addo.
Mukarama’s nomination is a reward for her sensational performance at the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup where she bagged seven goals in four games.
Her goals could land her the Golden Boot award if her rival Claudia Pina of Spain, who is on five goals, fail to score in the final on Saturday.
The senior national female team, Black Queens have also been nominated for the Women’s National Team of the year but face stiff competition from 2018 AWCON finalists Nigeria and South Africa.
The winner of the award will be announced on 8 January 2019 at a ceremony in Dakar, Senegal.
Nominees for Women’s African player of the year:
- Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
- Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
- Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
- Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
- Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
- Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
- Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
- Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
- Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine) 12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
- Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
- Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
Nominees for Women’s national team of the year
5. South Africa
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees