Manchester City recorded their biggest win in the Champions League as they thrashed Shakhtar Donetsk - but an injury-time goal in the other group match meant they must wait to secure qualification for the last 16.
Pep Guardiola's side are top of Group F and were heading into the next phase, until 10-man Hoffenheim came from 2-0 down and scored a 92nd-minute equaliser to draw 2-2 with Lyon.
But City will qualify as group winners with one game to spare if they win away at Lyon on Tuesday, 27 November.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- VAR set to be used in Premier League next season
- Kwesi Appiah defends Ghana's big-name recalls
- Mourinho better than Guardiola - Maradona
- Wayne Rooney to be England captain during farewell appearance
- 46 Sports Associations to benefit from GHASSEP Seminars
- UGBS Marketing lecturer argues Hearts-Umbro deal will cut local jobs
- U-17 WWC: All the best photos as Black Maidens make winning start
- Claudio Ranieri appointed as Fulham boss
- Santiago Solari appointed Real Madrid head coach until 2021
- U-17 WWC: Abdulai hat-trick leads Ghana past hosts Uruguay
- Dinnage to become first female Premier League chief executive
- U-17 WWC: Ghana coach eyes winning start against Uruguay
- 10 winners emerge in Maltavator Challenge season 2 Takoradi edition
- Solari to get Real Madrid job on permanent basis
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash