Manchester City recorded their biggest win in the Champions League as they thrashed Shakhtar Donetsk - but an injury-time goal in the other group match meant they must wait to secure qualification for the last 16.
Pep Guardiola's side are top of Group F and were heading into the next phase, until 10-man Hoffenheim came from 2-0 down and scored a 92nd-minute equaliser to draw 2-2 with Lyon.
But City will qualify as group winners with one game to spare if they win away at Lyon on Tuesday, 27 November.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- GFA Normalisation Committee outdoors ad-hoc committees
- Novak Djokovic starts Australian Open with straight-set win
- Houston Rockets: James Harden sets new NBA scoring record
- GPL clubs to play in Special Competition after NC meeting
- Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech to retire at the end of the season
- Australian Open 2019: Serena Williams cruises into second round
- Man City cruise past 10-man Wolves to keep pressure on Liverpool
- 40 to battle it out in Maltavator Challenge national finale
- Normalisation Committee postpone launch of Special Competition
- Murray loses possible farewell match at Australian Open to Agut
- De Gea can be Man Utd's greatest keeper - Solskjaer
- Pogba lauds 'freedom' to play under Solksjaer
- CAFCC: Kotoko coach proud of players after win at Coton Sport
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores 400th La Liga goal in Barcelona victory