Andre Ayew and his brother Jordan have been recalled to the Ghana squad for their upcoming 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Ethiopia.
The Ayews are among a 20-man squad put together by coach Kwesi Appiah for the must-win clash, ending their long absence from the team.
They last featured for the Black Stars in the 2018 World Cup qualifier against Congo in November last year. They have missed the last seven games including the shock 1-0 defeat at the hands of Kenya in September.
Skipper Asamoah Gyan retains his place in the squad after returning to the team for the back-to-back qualifying games against Sierra Leone which CAF cancelled due to a FIFA suspension on the Sierra Leone Football Association.
Also in the squad is former WAFA midfielder Majeed Ashimeru, who has been handed his debut call-up following an impressive season with St Gallen in Swiss top flight.
Ghana will play as guest of Ethiopia in Addis Ababa on 18th November. The Black Stars need nothing short of victory to boost their qualification chances as they sit third in Group F, four points behind leaders Kenya and a point adrift second-placed Ethiopia.
Goalkeepers: Richard Ofori (Martizburg, South Africa) Lawrence Ati (Sochaux, France)
Defenders: Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew, USA) John Boye (FC Metz, France) Lumor Agbenyenu (Sporting CP, Portugal) Andy Yiadom (Reading Football Club, England) Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew, USA) Kassim Nuhu (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany)
Midfielders: Andre Ayew (Fenerbahce, Turkey) Mubarak Wakaso (Alaves, Spain) Kwadwo Asamoah (Inter Milan, Italy) Afriyie Acquah (Empoli,Italy) Christian Atsu (Newcastle, England) Nana Ampomah (Waasland-Beveren, Belgium) Thomas Partey (Atlético Madrid) Majeed Ashimeru (St. Gallen, Switzerland)
Forwards: Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace, England) Asamoah Gyan (Kayserispor, Turkey) Majeed Waris (FC Nantes, France) Emmanuel Boateng (Levante, Spain)
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Kwadwo Asamoah out of Ethiopia clash
- Caf calls off qualifier between Kenya and Sierra Leone
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Serie A: Higuain sent off as Juventus win at AC Milan
- Ligue 1: Cavani hits hat-trick as PSG thrash Monaco
- La Liga: Real Madrid beat Celta to narrow Barca lead
- Copa Libertadores final: River Plate earn draw at Boca Juniors in thrilling first leg
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana beat South Africa in final warm-up game
- Inter Allies mar Hearts of Oak birthday to win Anniversary Cup
- Man City claim deserved derby victory over Man Utd
- Mkhitaryan rescues Arsenal against Wolves
- Messi returns but Barca beaten at home by rampant Betis
- McDan Group takes boxing to Tamale
- Liverpool make hard work of victory over struggling Fulham
- Host Ghana name final squad for 2018 AWCON