Former Ghana international Kim Grant has been appointed as head coach of Ghanaian giants Hearts of Oak.
He becomes the Phobians’ third coach this year after Frank Nuttal and Henry Wellington but sixth manager in four years.
The 46-year-old will also work as director of football for the club.
📝 PRESS RELEASE! pic.twitter.com/Gc115J15ET— Phobians (@HeartsOfOakGH) November 8, 2018
“I am humbled at the opportunity to lead this great football Club,” Kim Grant said. “My sincere thanks go out to the Club’s esteemed leaders for having the faith and confidence in me to return the Club to its position at the pinnacle of African football.”
He added: “I understand the expectations at a Club like Hearts and am ready to get to work. Under my leadership, we will bring back the ‘Never Say Die’ spirit.”
“I ask all True Phobians to fully embrace and support this exciting new chapter. Together, we will rise again.”
Grant is not new to the local terrain having worked as coach and technical director of Ebusua Dwarfs and Elmina Sharks respectively.
He is expected to start work on December 1, 2018.
The former Charlton Athletic striker was capped seven times by Ghana between 1996 and 1997.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope
- Juventus suffer first league defeat of the season at Genoa
- Wolves stun Man United in FA Cup quarterfinals
- Man City come from two goals down to reach FA Cup last four
- Isco and Bale get Zidane's second coming off to winning start
- Dalex Swift Hoops lights up Pent Hall Week celebration