Ghana swimming sensation Abeiku Jackson has qualified to the semifinals of the men's 50m butterfly event at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
The 18-year-old finished second and clocked a new personal best time of 24.44 seconds.
This reduces his time for the event by 0.14 seconds as his previous finishing time stood at 24.58 seconds.
He will now fight for a place in the finals after the semifinal event tonight.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon