Ghana swimming sensation Abeiku Jackson has qualified to the semifinals of the men's 50m butterfly event at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
The 18-year-old finished second and clocked a new personal best time of 24.44 seconds.
This reduces his time for the event by 0.14 seconds as his previous finishing time stood at 24.58 seconds.
He will now fight for a place in the finals after the semifinal event tonight.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON2019: Pote shots leave Ghana hot in Benin draw
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Five things we learned
- Ghana 2-2 Benin: Black Stars players rated
- Afcon 2019: Benin forces draw from Ghana in group opener
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon too strong for Guinea-Bissau
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect