Young but enterprising golfer, Kwadwo Poku emerged victorious in the Global Enterprise Connect (GEC) Invitational Open at the Royal Golf Club Course in Kumasi on Saturday.
The one -day 18 hole competition which was meant to facilitate corporate world network for new business opportunities and also support charity attracted over fifty golfers.
Playing to a handicap of 4 Kwadwo Poku of the Royal Golf Club defied the morning downpour to produce a stable ford score of 36 to win on count back from his closest competitor Ekow Nyarko.
Captain of the Royal Golf Club Professor Bernard Baiden came third with 35 stable ford points.
For his prize Kwadwo Poku will join two other golfers from the Celebrity Gold Club to represent Ghana at the World finals in Dubai in December.
Winning this competition does not come as a surprise to the aspiring professional golfer who says he’s been practicing consistently for three months towards the event.
“It was my wish to be part of the representatives for Ghana at the World final in Dubai, so I have been practicing daily for the last three months,” Mr. Poku said.
He hope to make Ghana proud at the international level.
"I hope I can make my club and country proud by winning the ultimate trophy in the finals in Dubai come December.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks
- Has Dogboe fought too many times in 2018? No, he hasn't
- River Plate fight back to win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho