Young but enterprising golfer, Kwadwo Poku emerged victorious in the Global Enterprise Connect (GEC) Invitational Open at the Royal Golf Club Course in Kumasi on Saturday.
The one -day 18 hole competition which was meant to facilitate corporate world network for new business opportunities and also support charity attracted over fifty golfers.
Playing to a handicap of 4 Kwadwo Poku of the Royal Golf Club defied the morning downpour to produce a stable ford score of 36 to win on count back from his closest competitor Ekow Nyarko.
Captain of the Royal Golf Club Professor Bernard Baiden came third with 35 stable ford points.
For his prize Kwadwo Poku will join two other golfers from the Celebrity Gold Club to represent Ghana at the World finals in Dubai in December.
Winning this competition does not come as a surprise to the aspiring professional golfer who says he’s been practicing consistently for three months towards the event.
“It was my wish to be part of the representatives for Ghana at the World final in Dubai, so I have been practicing daily for the last three months,” Mr. Poku said.
He hope to make Ghana proud at the international level.
"I hope I can make my club and country proud by winning the ultimate trophy in the finals in Dubai come December.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon
- Liverpool frustrated by Bayern in Anfield stalemate
- GFA Elections: NC denies Master Degree requirement reports
- Supercopa de Espana: New four-team tournament set to be played abroad
- Hearts boss Kim Grant unhappy with lack of competitive football
- Kotoko coach reiterates CAF Confed knockout stage target
- Solskjaer praises Pogba as one of 'best attacking midfielders in the world'
- Sarri feels the heat as Chelsea fans turn on Italian coach