Asante Kotoko head coach Paa Kwesi Fabin has quit after seven months in charge of the club.
His decision immediate effect and will not be on the bench for Sunday's return leg against AshantiGold at the Len Clay Stadium in Obuasi.
His resignation letter read: ''I write without any malice to inform you that I am tendering my resignation as Head Coach of your club Asante Kotoko Club. Effective 13th September 2018 this decision have become necessary because of my personal conviction that it is time to bow out due to circumstances beyond my control. Moreover, I deem is the right time to exit as the league here has been suspended and above all to enable any replacement to be able to familiarize with the team and continue with the success chalked so far.
''I want to thank the Executive Chairman for giving me the opportunity to work with him, the management team, the playing body and the supporters for their encouragement during the rough times.
''To those that we had disagreements and misunderstanding, I say it is part of the job.
''Once again, thank you for the opportunity.''
Meanwhile, Asante Kotoko is yet to confirm his departure from the club.
Fabin was appointed in February this year to replace Englishman Steve Polack who was relieved of his duties after the team's elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup last season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Altitude forced Ghana to slow down in second half - Kwesi Appiah
- Zverev stuns world number one Djokovic to win ATP Finals
- Switzerland come back to stun Belgium and reach Nations League semis
- Mauritania seal historic Afcon qualification
- AWCON 2018: Five-star Zambia trounce Equatorial Guinea
- AWCON 2018: South Africa stun Nigeria in Group B opener
- Kane inspires England comeback to seal UEFA Nations League finals place
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Jordan double gives Ghana victory over Ethiopia
- Give us spectacular goals, impressive set pieces - First Lady to Black Queens
- Thomas Partey shortlisted for BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- AWCON 2018: Ghana open campaign with win over Algeria
- Nigeria return to Africa Cup of Nations
- Uganda reach second straight Nations Cup
- AFCON 2019: Morocco and Mali qualify for Cameroon
- Photos: Prez Akufo-Addo surprises Black Stars in camp ahead of Ethiopia clash