Asante Kotoko head coach Paa Kwesi Fabin has quit after seven months in charge of the club.
His decision immediate effect and will not be on the bench for Sunday's return leg against AshantiGold at the Len Clay Stadium in Obuasi.
His resignation letter read: ''I write without any malice to inform you that I am tendering my resignation as Head Coach of your club Asante Kotoko Club. Effective 13th September 2018 this decision have become necessary because of my personal conviction that it is time to bow out due to circumstances beyond my control. Moreover, I deem is the right time to exit as the league here has been suspended and above all to enable any replacement to be able to familiarize with the team and continue with the success chalked so far.
''I want to thank the Executive Chairman for giving me the opportunity to work with him, the management team, the playing body and the supporters for their encouragement during the rough times.
''To those that we had disagreements and misunderstanding, I say it is part of the job.
''Once again, thank you for the opportunity.''
Meanwhile, Asante Kotoko is yet to confirm his departure from the club.
Fabin was appointed in February this year to replace Englishman Steve Polack who was relieved of his duties after the team's elimination from the CAF Confederation Cup last season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- #JoyFPL: How to prepare for the upcoming blank gameweeks
- Europa League draw: Arsenal face Rennes and Chelsea play Dynamo Kiev
- Chelsea 'categorically refute' FIFA findings, confirms intention to appeal ban
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows
- Christian Atsu: ‘Sometimes what’s happened to me seems like a miracle’
- Arsenal, Chelsea march into Europa League last 16
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus