Jose Mourinho is "real" and does not fake his emotions like other managers in the Premier League, says Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku.
United boss Mourinho demanded respect from the media after an angry news conference following a 3-0 defeat by Tottenham at Old Trafford in August.
But Lukaku says the Portuguese is a family man, makes the players laugh and fights for them, and deserves respect.
"People know a side from him which is he's a winner," said Lukaku.
"But what I like about him is he's not going to fake his emotions. When he's mad, you know he is mad. When he's happy, you see he is happy.
"I don't understand why people don't like the realness about him. When he's mad at me I know he is mad at me, and I try to do what he wants so he is happy again."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers
- Juventus say choosing Asia over U.S. for ICC not related to Ronaldo rape allegation
- Bijou Homes sponsors finals of 2019 Ghana Rugby Football Championship
- Joy Sports editor Ridwan Asante donates jerseys to two colts clubs
- Mybet.Africa unveil Double Win promo ahead of Ghana-Kenya clash
- Black Stars 'will give everything' for 2019 Afcon trophy - Ayew
- Ronaldo fined by Uefa over goal celebration
- Godfred Dame set to be Ghana gov't rep on new Fifa Task Force
- Pogba buys World Cup championship rings for entire France team
- Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd, says Pogba
- Coca-Cola to sponsor 15 lucky consumers to watch EPL games