Jose Mourinho is "real" and does not fake his emotions like other managers in the Premier League, says Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku.
United boss Mourinho demanded respect from the media after an angry news conference following a 3-0 defeat by Tottenham at Old Trafford in August.
But Lukaku says the Portuguese is a family man, makes the players laugh and fights for them, and deserves respect.
"People know a side from him which is he's a winner," said Lukaku.
"But what I like about him is he's not going to fake his emotions. When he's mad, you know he is mad. When he's happy, you see he is happy.
"I don't understand why people don't like the realness about him. When he's mad at me I know he is mad at me, and I try to do what he wants so he is happy again."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain