The Local Organizing Committee has unveiled the official mascot for the 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana.
The mascot is an Eagle and has been named 'Agrohemaa'.
Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah explained the Eagle was chosen as the mascot because it symbolizes courage, strength, focus and immortality.
The short ceremony was held at the Alisa Hotel in Accra.
Also, the LOC announced the official website for the tournament www.afconwomenghana.com while an official tournament song was also revealed. The song is composed by Wiyaala, Grace Ashley and evergreen Akosua Agyapong.
The 11th Africa Women’s Cup of Nations will run from 17 November- 1 December in Accra and Cape Coast.
The tournament will also serve as a qualifier for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Raheem Sterling: Man City forward says newspapers 'fuel racism' in football
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Isaac Dogboe loses WBO world super bantamweight title to Emanuel Navarrete
- Chelsea inflict first defeat of season on Man City
- Arsenal need Torreira stunner to overcome Huddersfield
- Man Utd end winless run by sweeping aside Fulham
- Salah scores hat-trick as Liverpool thrash Bournemouth
- Wilder v Fury II: WBC sanctions 'direct' rematch
- Isaac Dogboe- Africa's first boxing Pay-per-view star?
- Manchester United: Fred must wait until team 'better balanced' - Mourinho
- Copa Libertadores final: Boca Juniors v River Plate in Madrid 'embarrassing'
- Frank Acheampong revels in Tianjin Teda relegation escape
- MLS clubs will sign more young players from Africa- US Club Soccer chief Payne
- Columbus Crew star Afful confident former coach Berhalter can make USMNT sparkle again
- Normalisation Committee denies resumption of Ghana Premier League in January