The Local Organizing Committee has unveiled the official mascot for the 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana.
The mascot is an Eagle and has been named 'Agrohemaa'.
Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah explained the Eagle was chosen as the mascot because it symbolizes courage, strength, focus and immortality.
The short ceremony was held at the Alisa Hotel in Accra.
Also, the LOC announced the official website for the tournament www.afconwomenghana.com while an official tournament song was also revealed. The song is composed by Wiyaala, Grace Ashley and evergreen Akosua Agyapong.
The 11th Africa Women’s Cup of Nations will run from 17 November- 1 December in Accra and Cape Coast.
The tournament will also serve as a qualifier for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María