The Local Organizing Committee has unveiled the official mascot for the 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations in Ghana.
The mascot is an Eagle and has been named 'Agrohemaa'.
Sports Minister Isaac Asiamah explained the Eagle was chosen as the mascot because it symbolizes courage, strength, focus and immortality.
The short ceremony was held at the Alisa Hotel in Accra.
Also, the LOC announced the official website for the tournament www.afconwomenghana.com while an official tournament song was also revealed. The song is composed by Wiyaala, Grace Ashley and evergreen Akosua Agyapong.
The 11th Africa Women’s Cup of Nations will run from 17 November- 1 December in Accra and Cape Coast.
The tournament will also serve as a qualifier for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football