The 8th edition of the Ghana Ladies Open ended on Monday at the Achimota Golf Club.
The championship which was played over two days saw over 150 ladies from 10 countries participating in different categories of the game.
Ghana’s Peace Akwei won the Women Seniors with a net score of 85 and was followed by Nigeria’s Funke Mayekodunmi and Esther Antwi from Ghana.
Blessing Abdul from Nigeria won the Women’s Division B ahead of Kenya’s Ndei Wacukab and Ruth Kae to the 2nd and 3rd position respectively. Division B was annexed by Muheri Kamykazi from Kenya, followed up by Emelia Flynt and Ammo Anabywan respectively.
Didi Erfurt won the Supporting Men’s Division which was played on Sunday and was followed up by Joseph Dorh. A special award for Longest Drive went to Alistar Rushton whiles Seidu Foster took home the award for Nearest to the pin.
Nigeria won the highest number of trophies with Kenya placing second.
Below is a full list of winners in the various categories
1ST. AINLEY JOSEPHINE KENYA 141POINTS
2ND. DANIELA BERKER ZIM 151 COUNTER BACK 37-35
3RD. IRENE NALEMBE UGANDA 151 COUNTER 35-36
1ST. HELEN ADEBAYOR NIGERIA 174
2ND. RESTY NALUTAAYA UGANDA 179
3RD. JUNE WAWEKU KENYA 180
1ST. HELEN ALECHENU NIGERIA 199
2ND. PAULINE OWAROWOKAN NIGERIA 188
3RD. RONNIE CHAKA AWAKAYA 195
DIVISION A 13-20
1ST. BLESSING ABDUL NIGERIA 164
2ND. NDEI WACUKAB KEN 152
3RD. RUTH KAE KENYA 152
MUHERI KAMUKAZI KENYA 173
EMELIA FIYNT GHANA 150
AMMO ANABWAN KENYA 147
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 2019 AFCON: Benin qualify as Adebayor's Togo go out
- Tanzania seal Afcon return after 39 years
- Appiah reveals reasons for Asamoah's no-show against Kenya
- First Ghana goal excites Caleb Ekuban
- Ghana 1-0 Kenya: Five things we learned
- Player Ratings: Ghana 1-0 Kenya
- 2019 Afcon qualifier: Ekuban debut goal saves Ghana's blushes
- U-23 Afcon qualifier: Ghana thrash Gabon 4-0 in first leg
- 2019 AFCON: Burundi seal historic qualification
- 2019 AFCON qualifier: Ghana vs Kenya preview
- Sterling bags hat-trick as England thrash Czech Republic
- Portugal draw blank against Ukraine on Ronaldo's return
- Messi returns but Argentina lose 3-1 to Venezuela
- Normalisation Committee to stay on another six months
- [Infographic + video]: Why Kwesi Appiah may have no choice than to select benchwarmers