Over 50 top business level golfers from across the country will converge at the Royal Golf Club Course in Kumasi on this Saturday to compete for honours at the Global Enterprise Connect (GEC) Invitational Open.
The tournament, also known as Dubai Corporate Golf Challenge World Cup, is the fastest growing corporate competition initiated in 2014 in United Arab Emirates.
The GEC represents an international network of corporate golf tournament.
The one-day 18 hole competition is meant to facilitate corporate world network for new business opportunities and also support charity.
Top business personalities, including Kweku Okyere of Celebrity Golf Club, Prof Bernard Baiden, Prof. G.W.K Instiful and Ricky Boakye Yiadom, key Guinness distributor, all of the Royal Gold Club, Kumasi, will be on parade.
Others are Frank Adu of CAL Bank, former Ghana soccer international, Tony Yeboah and Dr Ato Quansah.
Kwaku Ofosuhene, Chief Operating Officer of The Rave Group, organisers of the competition says the event will offer new opportunities for business operators as well as create more avenues for industry players.
“The GEC Open is a platform that engages both top corporate- minded business people to engage, play, network and then supports charity in a way of giving back to society,” he said.
“We at GEC are happy to be part of this rare opportunity that brings together people whose major role is to create opportunities and avenues for development in the country and beyond,” Mr. Ofosuhene added.
The RAVE Group COO also gave a hint of what winners of the event could expect.
“Ghana will be represented at the World finals in Dubai in December by the winners of the first competition held last weekend at the Celebrity Golf Club and the Royal Golf Club in Kumasi.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus
- Late goals give Manchester City 3-2 win at Schalke
- Boateng off to China as Levante announce transfer to Dalian Yifang
- Joshua Clottey’s return after three years motivated by regaining title
- 2019 Standard Chartered Trophy launched
- Khedira out of Juve game with Atletico due to irregular heartbeat
- Mukarama receives U-17 World Cup Golden Boot and Bronze Ball
- Barcelona fail to take chances against battling Lyon
- Liverpool frustrated by Bayern in Anfield stalemate
- GFA Elections: NC denies Master Degree requirement reports
- Supercopa de Espana: New four-team tournament set to be played abroad
- Hearts boss Kim Grant unhappy with lack of competitive football
- Kotoko coach reiterates CAF Confed knockout stage target
- Solskjaer praises Pogba as one of 'best attacking midfielders in the world'
- Sarri feels the heat as Chelsea fans turn on Italian coach