Over 50 top business level golfers from across the country will converge at the Royal Golf Club Course in Kumasi on this Saturday to compete for honours at the Global Enterprise Connect (GEC) Invitational Open.
The tournament, also known as Dubai Corporate Golf Challenge World Cup, is the fastest growing corporate competition initiated in 2014 in United Arab Emirates.
The GEC represents an international network of corporate golf tournament.
The one-day 18 hole competition is meant to facilitate corporate world network for new business opportunities and also support charity.
Top business personalities, including Kweku Okyere of Celebrity Golf Club, Prof Bernard Baiden, Prof. G.W.K Instiful and Ricky Boakye Yiadom, key Guinness distributor, all of the Royal Gold Club, Kumasi, will be on parade.
Others are Frank Adu of CAL Bank, former Ghana soccer international, Tony Yeboah and Dr Ato Quansah.
Kwaku Ofosuhene, Chief Operating Officer of The Rave Group, organisers of the competition says the event will offer new opportunities for business operators as well as create more avenues for industry players.
“The GEC Open is a platform that engages both top corporate- minded business people to engage, play, network and then supports charity in a way of giving back to society,” he said.
“We at GEC are happy to be part of this rare opportunity that brings together people whose major role is to create opportunities and avenues for development in the country and beyond,” Mr. Ofosuhene added.
The RAVE Group COO also gave a hint of what winners of the event could expect.
“Ghana will be represented at the World finals in Dubai in December by the winners of the first competition held last weekend at the Celebrity Golf Club and the Royal Golf Club in Kumasi.”
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain