Crystal Palace are poised to complete a season-long loan deal for Swansea striker Jordan Ayew.
Roy Hodgson had been keen to add to his attacking options following the departures of Bakary Sako and Lee Chung-yong earlier this summer.
Swansea had wanted £12million for the Ghana international and turned down an offer in the region of £7m earlier this summer from Fulham.
The Eagles had been linked with a move for out of favour Liverpool striker Danny Ings but they have swooped for the Ghanaian instead.
There is not expected to be much more business done at Selhurst Park on deadline day with chairman Steve Parish insisting any late bids for star man Wilfried Zaha would be 'ridiculous'.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa