Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says it will be a "miracle" if his side finish in the Premier League top four.
They are seventh and eight points off a Champions League place after Saturday's 2-2 draw at Southampton.
United, whose last league win was on 3 November, host fourth-placed Arsenal on Wednesday.
Before the 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace on 24 November, Mourinho said United could break into the top four by the end of December.
But speaking to Brazilian television network RedeTV about the club's ambitions after the Saints result, the Portuguese said: "Try to win as many points as possible and try almost the miracle to end in fourth."
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: How Kotoko and Hearts served a superb tactical semi-final
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach final
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss