Defender Harrison Afful believes his former coach at Columbus Crew Gregg Berhalter can make the US Men's National Team an unbeatable side after being handed the job.
The Ghana international was signed by Berhalter and went to play four seasons under him before being his appointment.
Berhalter has been touted as the man to make the Stars and Stripes great again
The USA missed out qualification to the 2018 FIFA World Cup and have hired the former to bring them back.
His former student Afful has no doubts Berhalter fits the bill to turn things around.
''I think Greg is the type of coach who always wants to bring the best out of his players. It is a privilege for me to work under him and I have learnt a lot of good things that will help me in my career,'' Afful told Joy Sports Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''I believe the US national team know best and they made the right choice so I just wish him well and I believe they will also support him with everything.''
Afful is getting ready to play his fifth season with Columbus Crew next year.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Karela and Hearts of Oak complete NC Special Cup semifinal line-up
- Monaco GP: Lewis Hamilton beats Max Verstappen
- French Open: Roger Federer into second round with straight-set win
- French Open: Angelique Kerber suffers shock first-round defeat
- Kenpong Travels rolls out attractive AFCON Package
- Valencia win Copa del Rey to end Barcelona's double dream
- Full list of winners at 2019 Joy Sports Invitational
- Sapholda Ventures crowned champions of Joy Sports Invitational 2019
- Black Stars captaincy rift triggers 'bring back Stephen Appiah spirit'
- Gyan urged to decline Black Stars 'General Captain' post
- Live: Joy Sports Invitational 2019 updates
- Joy AFCON Podcast Ep 4: Gyan & Ayew + analysis of Appiah's 29-man squad
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain