Tianjin Teda midfielder Frank Acheampong is delighted after helping his side retain their Chinese Super League status for next season.
The Ghana international played a huge role, scoring 17 goals in 26 appearances as Teda escaped relegation on the final day of the season.
"The effort we put in, by God's grace everything went well as expected,” he said.
"We were almost going down but thank God we survived. All I can say is it's so amazing. The love they were showing. It got to a point we just needed one goal to make this record and in that game, we lost and even the previous game, I wasn't even the best but I knew what I was playing for and I knew that God’s time is the best.
He added, "Thank God I was able to make it but then I couldn't do it alone, the fans, the playing body, the coaches even when the going went tough we didn't stop."
The 25-year-old signed for Teda from Belgian side Anderlecht.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- NC Special Cup: How Kotoko and Hearts served a superb tactical semi-final
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko beat Hearts on penalties to reach final
- Ghana 0-0 South Africa: Black Stars players rated
- Chelsea confirm departure of Maurizio Sarri to Juventus
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss