Chief Executive of US Club Soccer Kevin Payne expects to see an increase in the number of African players in the MLS.
The former President and General Manager of DC United manager believes clubs have invested in their talent search and academies.
Two years ago, Sporting Kansas City signed 18-year-old Latif Blessing, who was adjudged the Most Valuable Player in the Ghana Premier League, from Liberty Professionals.
Payne-who prepared Freddy Adu's first professional contract- is optimistic this trend will continue in the MLS.
''I think the MLS clubs until very recently did not have enough of money invested into scouting and their player development mechanisms through their academies to make proper use of young African players,'' he told Joy Sports.
''They couldn't necessarily identify them and then if they really identified them, they weren't really in the position to help them to become real professionals.
''I suspect that you will begin to see more young African players brought in now that there are more and more clubs in the MLS that have truly ambitious academy programs.
''I think you will start to see 18 and 19 year-old players- may not be the finished products but may have great promise.
''I think you will tend to see more African players coming to the MLS in the next few years than in the past.''
US Club Soccer targets to foster the growth and development of soccer clubs in the United States to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages in every club.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Mali secure first U-20 AFCON title on penalties
- Jeffrey Schlupp scores as Palace march on in FA Cup
- Basketball Africa League: Professional competition to launch in 2020
- Afriyie Acquah scores as Empoli beat Sassuolo in Serie A
- Mission International School, Happy Days Academy dominate Joy Kids Olympics second leg
- Kevin-Prince Boateng: Barca striker burgled during La Liga debut vs Valladolid
- Sergio Ramos and his 25 Real Madrid red cards: a retrospective
- Ramos sent off as Real Madrid suffer shock home loss to Girona
- I was destined to be world champion - Commey
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- Messi scores one penalty but misses another in Barca win
- Morocco to bring in VAR technology for all top-flight league games
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey