Ghana football's Normalisation Committee spokesperson Dan Kweku Yeboah has denied reports that they have accepted a proposal from clubs to resume the domestic league in January.
Last week club owners and chief executive officers met the Normalisation Committee to discuss the way forward of the game following an indefinite ban in June after some officials were caught on camera engaging in bribery and corruption.
“The release making rounds that football is returning in January is not coming from the Normalisation Committee. What happened was that we were about to put together a special competition which was supposed to comprise of the premier league and division one clubs to make up 64 teams," Yeboah told Citi FM.
"After drawing the modalities, we met the chief executives of the various clubs and they also gave us their take on the matter and then suggested separate competitions for the various divisions.
"Dr Kofi Amoah asked them to put their proposals on paper for submission which they did and submitted.
"However there has been no official response as to approval or disapproval from the Normalisation Committee so I do not know the source that says an agreement has been reached and the league or football is starting in January," he added.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa
- Rafael Benitez to leave Newcastle United
- Ivory Coast v South Africa: kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Morocco coach blasts referee after he refuses water break in searing heat
- Tunisia v Angola kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Algeria earn comfortable win over Kenya