The Greater Accra Region representative of Aduana Stars, Isaac Koomson does not agree with the alleged proposal to play league matches at only selected venues.
Broadcast rights holders StarTimes are said to have suggested to the Ghana FA to appeal to the clubs to abandon their preferred home grounds. This, the reports say, will help the broadcaster make more live games available.
StarTimes believe they will have difficulties telecasting more live matches due to their limited resources, particularly the fact they have just one Outside Broadcast van.
However, Koomson is not in support of that and has descended heavily on StarTimes and football association.
“I don’t blame Startimes but those who obliged to the deal and signed for it, even the five years we heard was ridiculous being their first time and you went ahead and signed ten years which is total madness and look at where we are now,” he told Hot Fm.
“StarTimes don’t have Ghana game at heart because no sensible thinking human being will propose such thing for our rising league without having a second look at the economic benefits and reasons behind why certain people are investing in the game, People are not investing in the game solely because of money but for their community and should know all these before they come out with such proposal.”
“How can you propose venues for television coverage and leave out the Nana Agyeman Badu Park, a venue that hosts international matches and can guarantee you a full capacity during games for good coverage. They should come again.”
The 2017/18 Ghana Premier League gets underway this weekend.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- AFCON 2019: Why this may be Ghana's best yet
- AFCON 2019: Black Stars XI v Benin - Kwadwo Asamoah benched
- AFCON 2019: Can Ghana win? Kinna Likimani doubts
- AL-SMITH: The Black Stars patriotism, under scrutiny, demands an emphatic answer
- Cameroon v Guinea-Bissau: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- Afcon 2019: Ayew optimistic about Ghana victory against Benin today
- Ghana v Benin: Kick-off time, team news, head-to-head, form and more
- AFCON 2019: Mali dominant in win against Mauritania
- Jordan Ayew, the stagnation of a one-time Ghana prodigy
- AFCON 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect
- Prof. Wallace writes: Black Stars' pre-tournament 'goal drought'; a cause for concern?
- AFCON 2019: Djalma secures crucial point for Angola against Tunisia
- AFCON 2019: Asamoah Gyan set for another milestone
- AFCON 2019: Tunisian to referee Ghana’s clash with Benin
- AFCON 2019: Kodjia strike sees Ivory Coast scrape past South Africa