Interest in this month's international friendlies has been massive. It's understandable as we are barely four months away to the start of 2018 World Cup. Teams that will be representing in Russia have ceased the opportunity to find suitable systems that will be beneficial in the summer.
But there has been a growing concern from Ghanaians as the tall list of back to back friendly games do not include the senior national team, the Black Stars.
Black Stars failed to secure a friendly encounter due to the inability of the various stakeholders involved to secure funds.
Ghana received an invitation from the Jamaican Football Federation to participate in a friendly but only on the condition that the GFA would foot the full cost.
“We don’t have any opponents to play against for this window.
“The only match we have lined up will be in June when we take on Iceland in a pre-World Cup friendly.
“It is about cost and this is a decision the country has to make.
“If we don’t have friendly matches we must organise them and pay for it.
“If the funds are not available there is very little we can do about it,” Communications Director of the GFA Ibrahim Saani Daara revealed.
Ghana failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since 2006.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele
- Hazard unveiled to Real Madrid fans – ‘I’m here to win titles’
- 2019 AFCON: Algeria drops player for exposing 'buttocks' in video
- Women's WC: Australia fight back as Brazil suffer first group-stage defeat in 24 years
- Premier League fixtures 2019-20: Man United face Chelsea on opening day